Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2000 Evinrude Ficht Ram Injection 150 hp
I've got a 2000 year model Evinrude Ficht Ram Injection 150 HP outboard on my Center Console. I went to the boat dealer the other day looking for spark plugs and he told me horror stories about those motors blowing the heads off and other similar happenings. Anyone have any prior experiance with this specific model motor? I'm a little worried about getting stranded offshore after hearing all of that. Mmmm, i'm thinking it was wise to get the boat insurance now. I guess if it does break down, i'll be OK.
[signature]
boy i hope you dont have one of those monday/friday motors.there is a few boats at my marina that has that motor,i haven't heard of that problem
[signature]
Well, I haven't had a lick of problems out of my motor. It purrs like a kitchen, and roars like a lion when I hit the gas. I know that Evinrude did have problems with their larger HP Fihct Ram Injection motors of 99 and 2000, but they also corrected the problem by changing the heads later that year in some models. I just wonder if my model has the new and improved heads and injectors, or if it's the time bomb. LOL, I guess i'll find out sooner or later. Thank got for marine radio's, cell phones, boat insurance, and boat tow services. [Tongue]
[signature]