Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A little Willard report 5-4
Was able to hit Willard today with Petty4life. Nice day on the water. Very little breeze, plenty of sunshine, and we caught a few fish! Nothing spectacular, but the skunk was kept at bay! Here is a pic of a very fat eye (fattest I've ever caught). I was shocked that when I cleaned it, there was nothing in the stomach, but the belly was FULL of fat! He had been eating very well. The wipers were on the smallish side, but still decent fish. I did get a belly fin diner carp...probably 15-20 lbs that drug us around for a bit. Very tough to reel in sideways though. Of course she was released very harmed...he he. No spawning for you! We caught the fish on different lures trolling 2.4-2.9 MPH. Thanks for the trip Jason.
[inline wallace.jpg]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report. Bet it felt good to go play with your tackle and to actually bend your stick. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Poor carp. Probably the recipient of a lot of pent up anxiety and frustration. Glad you did your part to prevent progeny.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
i was good to finally get out and fish with ya Mr. Bee.

if anyone catches a carp that looks like freddy kruger got to thats bees carp.
[signature]
It was defenitely good to bend the ol stick! Been too busy as of late to get much fishing in. As always, good company to fish with.
[signature]
[Smile]Thanks for the info Kiillerbee, I'm planning on being there in the A.M. the weather I think is suppose to be a little wet, but that's okay as long as the lightning stays away. The walleye do look alot healthier this year than the past few years. My last couple trips haven't been the greatest but I'm hoping things will change this weekend.
[signature]
Do I see you lip gripping a walleye?? What gloves are you using?
[signature]
That would be correct! Lip gripping an eye! I picked up one of those kevlar type fish handling gloves from Cabela's and that was it's first fish! I figured if it will take the teeth of an eye, I should be good to handle just about anything. Worked like a champ! His teeth did not puncture through the fabric. I'm not saying it wouldn't ever happen, but it tells me the glove works as advertised.
[signature]
You ready to try that glove out on a tiger muskie ? Nice eye Brandon . Fish I've kept from there this time of year rarely had any food in them but were always fat .
[signature]
I don't think I'd try that on a big Tiger. I'm sure it would minimize the damage, but simple physics would lend me to believe even the kevlar wouldn't stop a needle sharp tooth when trying to hold up much more weight. I would however feel much safer working around the chompers of a musky with the glove on. Just like a bullet proof vest won't stop every bullet, it sure will give you a lot more protection than a t-shirt will!
[signature]
I've been studying that eye photo of yours, and I see something in the background in the water, a side planer. Is that correct? You used that to catch a eye?

Nice eye by the way...[cool]
[signature]
the eye wasn't caught on the side planner. but i have caught them on the planner before. most of the time on the planner you wont know its on till you see the eye water skiing 100+ feet behind the planner
[signature]
Eyes waterskiing behind the planer boards... that's so typical of them to do that. They NEVER fight, and Willard's eyes tend to be on the lightweight side compared to Utah Lake's eyes so you wouldn't see or feel them on the boards. It's pretty damn annoying to see a eye on them boards.[Wink]
[signature]