Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard good to us tonight ... again ... 5-5-06
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Fished Willard this evening after work with Bait_Caster. Sure was a good evening to be fishing Willard. With the bad weather last few days and all morning today, there were only about three boats out on the lake. Pretty much had it all to our selves. With the low pressure we have been locked in, I figured that fishing would just be a practice in mechanics. We were quickly surprised with two nice wipers right out the gate … doubles. [/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850][inline 2-wipers-400.gif]

I just dropped $50 on two new planner boards today so BC and I were determined to figure the damn things out. This was the first time BC or I had ever used boards. After loosing them three times, I think we now have the basics down but it took a while. I still don’t like having anything other than little lures or big fish on my lines but after tonight, I must say that they definitely do increase one’s catch rate.

We fished all sides of the lake and found one pretty good spot … a spot we plan to keep in mind for the tournament. Last week I had a couple nights similar to tonight but the fish were in a different place … they do move around a fair amount in just a couple days.

Our biggest fish came in after sundown. Didn’t measure or weigh any but except for 2-3 small ones, they were pretty impressive for size and fight and seem to be quite healthy.

When all said and done, we boated a dozen fish and only lost 3-4.

[inline Stringer-Rainbow-400.gif]

We were only going 2.0 – 2.2 mph GPS. The water surface temp was 60 degrees.

Tonight was probably one of (if not theee) best spring wiper fishing ever for me. Man, those wipers feel good bending my pole.

Around 9:00 PM at the dock, we ran into Rino and enjoyed a little chat with him too. Always good meeting BFT’rs for the first time.

Fantastic night for BC and myself. I couldn’t be so lucky tomorrow at Pineview for musky ... could I ? [/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice fish Ralph!! I've got to get out there soon...

How's the new truck?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Chris,[/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]I chickened out on the new truck and decided to stick with my ’04. BC says that I need to be more frugal with my money and upgrade from the tin-bin to a bigger boat before getting a new truck. [/#002850][/size][/font]
[signature]
Way to go guys! If that area can hold up for a couple weeks you guys will good in the tourney. Good luck tomorrow at pineview, I need to get up there but I think I will consentrate on willard untill the 20th. These wiper tourneys get in the way of my muskie fishing.
[signature]
LOL!! I agree, a new boat would be much nicer than a truck, BC sounds like a smart man....
[signature]
Nice fish Ralph. Sounds like last night would have been a great time to be on the water. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000050][size 3]Yes is was a great & fast action kind of an evining, It just can't get any better!! Well those planer Boards keep us busy, making sure not to tangle the lines. We had Doubles on![/size][/#000050][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000050][size 3][/size][/#000050][/font]
[inline 5-5-06_Willard_Doubles.gif]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000050][size 3]It was like a rodeo woth-out the 8 sec. horn!! Man those Wipers had an attitude tonight. Gotta Love it.[/size][/#000050][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000050][size 3][/size][/#000050][/font]
[inline Willard_Stringer.gif]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000050][size 3]Took home a nice stirnger full, putting the big boys back in the bay for the Turny day!! WOW what a rodes it was !![/size][/#000050][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#000050][size 3] Thanks Old_Coot for letting me ride shotgun. [/size][/#000050][/font]
[signature]
Nice report Ralph, one of the best I've read this year on Willard. Glad to hear someone is catching some wipers but taking all those wipers home is going to hurt you on the tournament[Wink] I'm really surprised you have not been using planner boards before, if nothing else they help keep your lines from tangling.
[signature]