Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mounting a fishfinder transducer on a pontoon boat
I have an Eagle Cuda fish finder. I mounted the transducer to my trolling motor. For some reason, I keep getting a lot of interference or false signals. When I turn off the trolling motor the fish finder works fine.

Has anyone else experieced the same problem? If so what did you do to prevent the interference? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I don't know anyone else who has mounted the transducer on the motor. I know it is routinely done by guys who have bass boats. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There is one possible answer. The Cuda may not be powerful enough to compete with the "noise" from the motor. Most of the high wattage sonars used by bass chasers are powerful enough to compete.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You will also notice a lot of interference if you are in close proximity to someone else using a more powerful sonar. That happens a lot to ice fishermen.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you work through the menu on your Cuda, there is an option for "Noise" rejection. Try setting it on high. That will reduce the sensitivity of the fish finding ability of the unit, but it should reduce the clutter on the screen.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here are pics of the bungee arrangement that I have on my tube, and which other tooners use as well. Also are a couple of pics of a rotating PVC arrangement.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The only other option is to mount the transducer on a separate shaft, away from the motor. There are quite a few pics of potential options on 'The Best of The Best".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let me know if you would like some specific assistance. If you have a single air chamber on each side, you can use the bungee cord and PVC shaft arrangement. It holds firm even under power, if you use the right length of bungee cord. And, it is quick and easy to install, remove or move up when launching or beaching.[/#0000ff]
[signature]