Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report 5-6-06 Afternoon
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3][unsure] Well my son and I decided to try our luck on Willard bay this afternoon. We launched from the South Marina shortly after 4:00pm and on the way in we passed Petty and HA69. [/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]We headed over to the south dike and followed it around to the light pole, trolling at 2.5 to almost 4.0mph. Speed wise we were all over the place. we tried all of the old reliables and some new stuff Nadda. I decided to go east on the North dike, and looped around the North marina, there were a lot of boats there so we joined up for a bit. That was when my son caught the only Wiper of the day. [/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]We did see some guys on the water that asked us if we were doing any good and gave us some White looked like 1/8 oz jigs with with a long tailfeather. It worked for my son but I couldn't buy a bite today , better luck next time. We left around 8:00pm , Still had a good day on the water.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Well, one sure beats none! Willard sure has gotten off to a strange start this spring. Hopefully it will "normalize" in the next few days.
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] I'm still thinking that the water temp needs to be up to 65 degrees. After that the bite will turn on, thats my opinion. Not giving up by a long shot. May go back out late this afternoon to try again.[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
Dan , I seen you coming so I got off the water for ya . [Wink] Actually the "W" took me off the water .
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Randy, we really had a tough time out there yesterday. Now I have to work on the light connection on my truck, no trailer lights. I know they work as we used my sons truck and they work fine on his.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3] I'm not giving up, I think I found a honey hole but I need to research it some more. Time will tell.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]