Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5-7-06 (starting to pick up)
Fished Willard to day from 7:30-2:00. Great weather today, just a slight breeze to keep the bugs off, not too many boats and the sun was out all day.

Started catching right out of the gate boating a wiper in the first 15 minutes. It took another hour before we boated another wiper then shortly after landed 2 walleyes. After a couple more passes threw the area and not catching any we relocated. Again started catching fish, caught 5 more in this area plus lost one wiper at the boat and two long line releases. Had a double going once but mine got away. FishingPro boated 2 nice 19" walleyes and a 19" wiper that looked like it was on steroids. Ened up with 4 walleyes, 5 wipers and lost 3. Caught all the fish on our standard lures.

Surface temperature 58*-63*.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Way to go MGB!! By the looks of it, you guys had a super time today. By the sound of your report, you'll be a tough compeditor in the up-comming turney! Good luck to you then.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] Way to boat'em guy's. Was FishingPro using a top water popper? I can't realy tell in the photo?[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850] Well, it’s about time those walleye started hitting top water lures and wipers thinking they are musky! Now I know what you mean by “starting to pick up”. I’ve been patiently waiting for this day. I just don’t get how you get them into the boat with no line connected …. Vudu??
[crazy]

Great post guys. I think it is going to be a good year for wipers (if we don’t eat them all).!
[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
nice trick with the lures though. id have held up a pole with pop gear and a worm[Wink]
[signature]
oh ya mgb how far off your spot before you snaped the pictures. game on.[sly]
[signature]
Well I can see with this wiper tourny coming up that almost anything goes with the fishing reports,,,,LOL
[signature]
Looks like you got into some nice fish Mike. Thanks for the update. Seems like they are on one day, and off the next.
[signature]
The photo was taken right over the honey, I marked with a yellow X you can't miss it.

I would of used pop gear in the photo but I didn't want to give a way my secret lure, some blades work better than others.
[signature]
I knew it , you been using cowbells .[Tongue]

[url "http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Hellsangler69/?action=view&current=wipersubdued.flv"]WIPER VIDEO[/url]

[url "http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Hellsangler69/?action=view&current=Dinnersubdued.flv"]DINNER VIDEO[/url]

All on Power Bait turbo glow .[Tongue] Sorry can't give out color .
At least my lures are showing in the videos , not like some people around here . [cool]
[signature]
I told Mike not to paint that yellow X on the water, now evryone will know where the honey hole is.

Hey Randy were you fallowing us with binochulars trying to get a look at that red and white Dare devil that MGB modified.[sly][sly][sly]
[signature]
Nice report Mike, with the water temps finally getting into the decent range it might turn out to be a good tournament after all. I think I saw you leaving just as we were arriving this afternoon.
[signature]
I never seen you guys on the water . I already know what MGB does to modify the red and white daredevil . He removes the treble and throws the rest away and puts on the powerbait . [Tongue]
[signature]
I knew that all I had to do to make the Wipers turn on was go somewhere else...doh!

Nice job! Looks like we might get to catch Wipers at the Wiper tournament after all!

Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
My only problem this past weekend is I don't start catching fish till 1:15 or 1:30 PM . Mornings have been tuff for me . I hope it starts to turn on for me early next time out . Or I may just follow you around . [cool]
I just been feeding them powerbait and then I reach down and grab them by the lip . No hook required .[Tongue]
[Image: wiperhand.jpg]
Oh by the way this is my honey hole in pic .
[signature]
You are welcome to follow us Randy. If we get seperated coming out of the marina, and I'm sure we will, turn your radio on and I will give you directions where we are. Catching wipers with your hands is illegal I should turn you in.
[signature]
I did bring one close to the boat on a jerk bait but it took off like a rocket soon as it seen the boat . LOL Like I could really grab them . There was some surface activity at my honey hole .
[signature]
I didn't know anyone still packed River Runts in their tackle box, nice pic with one hanging out of the Wiper's mouth. Looking forward to meeting alot of you guys at the next two tournments on The Bay, Those wipers are going to have to get bigger than that to be in the money.
[signature]
I was wondering what it was called, it sure puts alot of walleyes and wipers in the boat.
[signature]