Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield Report
Went to Scofield Sunday 5/7, got there about 7:30am and started fishing on the south west beach area. I caught 2 rainbows about 16" nice looking fishys on minnows and my companion caught 4 all between 14" and 16" on orange sparkle power bait. My other two buddys who used worms with marshmallows caught about 2 fish between them. Moved over to the damn to fish, caught a few dinkers, then moved just south of the start park entrance and caught a few more dinkers.

By 4:00pm I had to call it a day and went home, all together we kept 4 fish and had a fish fry that was delicious. Scofield is a nice place to fish, it was my first time up and I will be going back. The weater was really nice, although it got a little windy and choppy at times. You catch em in the morning and in the evening, took an hour and a half to get there, well worth it. No ice at all on this lake and there were lots of people fishing out there.[cool]
[signature]
good report fishdog. looks like i better get there in a week or two.
[signature]
Use egg sacks and you can catch them all day long. I caught 4 or 5 on power bait (2 nice ones). The guy next to me had to have caught 30 on egg sacks. He gave me 2 egg sacks and I caught 3 (2 pounders) on them. You need to have the egg sacks before hand. The Females we caught were eggless.
[signature]
thanks for the info.
[signature]