Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best shore fishing this time of year?
Hey guys! A buddy and I are planning a day fishing trip after I get off of work Saturday morning and we're wondering where we should go. Pobably won't be able to hit any water until about 10 am or so, but we've got all day.

We don't care what we catch really, just want some action. I figured maybe Utah Lake for some whites, carp, and maybe bulls/channels later in the day, but we were also throwing around the idea of Jordanelle.

We'll be shore fishing only, probably using a mixture of jigs, lures, crawlers, and other assorted goodies. So what do you guys think, where would you go if you wanted to catch fish, but nothing specific?
[signature]
Deer Creek has a lot of good shoreline access. It's still early for all the water skiers so it is relatively uncrowded. Catching some trout is likely with a chance at walleye or smallmouths.
[signature]
the trout are spawning right now and shore fihin with bait is pretty good at deer creek and strawberry,utah lake bass is starting to pick up also.just some ideas
[signature]
any lake that doesn't have ice on it.
scofield, the berry, rockport deer creek, jordanelle, east canyon
utah lake, yuba.
it depends on how far and how much you want to spend on gas.
good luck where ever you go.
[signature]
UTTROUTCOMANDERS OUT HOUSE. LOL. JUST KIDDIN
[signature]
Dude if you want to catch some nice channels go to lincoln beach and use minnows.They usually start biting in the afternoon.
[signature]
Try Scofield or Strawberry, you will catch some big uns.[sly]
[signature]
I second that ocean . Lincoln is the place to be
[signature]
Where is Lincoln Beach? I'm not familiar with that.
[signature]
Its on the south side of utah lake.Not hard to find.Theres instructions on how to get there on the fishing hole section.
[signature]