Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5-11
Fished willard from about 9:30am till 12:30 ran into some guy in a tube coming out of the south marina catching fish on rainbow sparkle power bait. (what a weirdo) headed out into the bay to test the boat found everything was working fine so i put the trolling motor down and started to troll the feedlot area. trolled most of that area with not even a bite the i got a call from BLM on the cell phoe and right after i talked to him i had several hookups put 6 fish in the boat in about 45 min. 4 wipers and 2 walleye. biggest wiper was 21" rest where 16-18" walleyes where 17" on both of them. used a lipped crank trolled at 2.6mph. water temp was 63*

sorry no pics i left camera on the computer from last weekends trip

got some help from a nice young man to help trailer my boat. then he showed me how to fillet wipers fast. thanks man
[signature]
Fishing must have really picked when we were on the phone. You still haven't called me back[Wink][Tongue]...
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850] Thanks for the report Petty. When the bite came on what do you think was the difference, lure change? location change? any idea? Again ... thanks [/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Jason, you are being too evasive. You did not tell "the rest of the story" about my top secret wiper technique. Rainbow sparkle power bait, being trolled at 2 KPS (kicks per second).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeBabe and I launched just after 6:30 AM. Threw all kinds of plastics, feathers and hardbaits. TubeBabe had one good hit. That's it. I got twin 20" wipers. One at 8 AM and the other at 9 AM. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Missed the hit at 10. Probably because of the boating idiots. Some guy in a beat up old wiper chaser came right up to me and caught my line on his motor. Broke me off. He gave me a plain wrapped package and thought that might buy me off.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Had another guy start to go between me and the rocks, while I was fishing into shore. When I hollered at him, he trolled out around me, so close he almost bumped me with the boat and kept yammering about what a %$#&% I was and that I didn't need to make such a big issue of it. He was the one making all the noise. Typical Utah sportsman. Never could figure out that when I am in a tube, and the only person in view, why boats have to crowd me or run over my line and then get mad because I take exception to it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Any of you guys know a doofus that runs a PrinceCraft...not very well?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Water was muddy and cold in the channel still...48 degrees. Main lake was just under 60 early and almost 62 when we hit the ramp about noon. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hey Jason, you're welcome for the trailering help, even if you did cost me a hook and a bait.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool]TD, You sound an awful lot like me when it comes to being crowded on an uncrowded lake.[Wink] Especially when they go out of their way to crowd ya., Man I hate that. Remember that cell-phone photo you e-mailed me? I've got an extra one in the boat if you wanna borrower it.[Wink][sly]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]NEXT TIME...I'LL BE WAITING![/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=11173;]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hey Pat, get another one of those mini cruisers and I'll gladly help you out with some STUPIDITY removal. LOL, right about at water level.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 3]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
jason it sounds like you are ready for the tourney. good report
[signature]
TD good thing you are a mild mannered person. also great looking wipers. [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks, Red. But I am not mild mannered. I have my HOTBLOODED side and I can GO OFF. Two reasons I did not pursue the issue. Number one, I couldn't catch him in my tube. Number two, Jason has been giving me anger management classes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Funny, those meds he prescribes sure look like rainbow sparkle power bait.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sounds like a good trip Jason. Did you figure out what was wrong with your motor?
[signature]
only thing i could come up with on the motor is it cant handle 3 fat asses in the boat it ran great today with just one in the boat. 25mph
[signature]
Battery cables still in the garage??? LOL

With a statement like your last then I guess I will never be in your boat and bog down the motor????

Nice wipers Pat!

Nice day fishing for ya Jason!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I saw Lee tonight and he seems to think your prop is over pitched. You might want to try a lower pitch prop and see how she goes with three fat asses in her again.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Ah-ha i see how you are now, Blame your boat issues on us tag alongs, lol.

Its good to hear of soime fish being caught, now i know the sceret, Rich (BLM) will you give my cell a jingle at 7:23 Am saturday the 20th [sly]
[signature]
i may have to pull it up to him on saturday and test props,
[signature]
7:23 you come then ill DQ you
[signature]
Good report P4L. I think the bite will keep getting better right up to the tourney. The weater report is looking good for the next 9 days.
[signature]