Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wipers on willard
hit willard this morning with Bigbucks

got 3 wipes 18",22",26" and a wally 17"

dragin crank baits. great boat Bigbucks.

we had a wiper hit a planer board that

snap't the line and took off the other way

so we pulled are lines and went after it

got the board in the net grab'd the line

tied it on a rod with an empty spool and

reeled him in! cool watching that board

scream off in the other direction as

we went into chineese fire drill mode

OLD 35
[signature]
Now that sounds like a great trip to me! Nice work on the big 26" fish! Was he the one that broke you off?
[signature]
NOPE

our last fish of the morning. wee had two rods

with little or no line on them, and Bigbucks

had to get going. great morning thoe

it was my first time out this year thanks

craig! OLD 35
[signature]
Thanks for the report, looks like things are getting better for the tournament next Saturday!! Hope to see all of you wonderful people there, I am looking forward to it!! John R.[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
your welcome jim.but i think the big fish of the day was closer to 25 and a half. ive never seen a man your age bawll.as i told you thats a tourney winner. and sent him on his way.oh ya its big buck not bucks. if it were bucks we could aford napolem for the bugs. nice job riggin up the pole with pop gear mgb what a great touch. i seen that flash from a half mile and told jim look at that.lucky i had binoculars to ver a fy my susspsioms.i no woody my spelling sucks.i just get in a hurry,us adobe enginers dont get to type much.
[signature]

Thats some nice size fish that you and BigBucks caught today. Is this a fish story? One day on the water with BigBucks will ruin a guy,you will pick up all of his bad habbits.

I made it out with FishingPro today. Started about 7:00am we caught and released 8 (6 wipers & 2 walleyes) before 10:00am then went on a dry spell for the next 3 hours. At 1:00pm the bite turned on catching 4 and loosing 2 in a half hour then picking up another 6 from 1:30 - 4:00. The wiper bite was on for the first part of the day then the walleyes started hitting. We caught 6 wipers and 10 walleyes plus we caught BigBuck3333 spying on us with his binoculars.

Heres a couple picks from today there not our biggest but not too bad. Them walleyes can kick up a pretty good rooster tail.
[signature]
Your spelling is just fine,,I know you get in a hurry,, thats just your nature,,you just keep catching fish and everything will be OK by me,,LOL
[signature]
We thought you were kidding about the pop gear Mike but decided to give it a try. After catching 15 wipers and 5 walleye we decided to call it a day, our arms were just too sore.[Wink] Oh yea, got this 27 incher to round out the day.
[signature]
I love it when it gets this close to the tourney....everyone is so full of BS about the wipers! Fun for sure. Can't wait till saturday is over so we can get back to the "regular" fishing stories/lies![Tongue]
[signature]
I'll be glad when the tournament is over also, so that I can ask everybody what the heck they are catching them on...I launched around 9:30 this morning (after hitting Pineview to put in my dues there) and trolled, and trolled and trolled and trolled between 2.5 and 3.5 trying all sorts of cranks, rattletraps, and I even tried pop gear. Tried my secret spot (which will remain a secret for now even though it produced zip), and I tried the light pole, island, feed lot, all the old favorite places...and all I have to show for my work is one 19" Walleye (first of the year for me) and a little 6 inch Wiper in the north marina pulling out. I had to take one break between 1:30 and 2:30 to pull out of the south marina, go fill up my boat gas tank, then re-launch at the north marina. I did have one possible nice fish on...that spooled my line before I even noticed it. Dang two pole permit. I have a hard enough time keeping track of one. Need to have the clicker pole set out the blind side from now on! I don't know if it was a Wiper or the bottom(snag), but I had a wiper do that to me last year. This was my 4th trip to Willard and at least I caught a fish this time, but I'd sure like to know the secret lure everybody is using to catch them!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
Ya I wish I knew what to catch them on. I was on the north shore fishing and I got skunked again. Ive yet to catch one out there all year.
[signature]
Brandon, I told no lies in my post. But after looking at Wiper Hunters corn husker I know what you mean.

I hope the fishing stays just the way it is, you really have to work for them but our team is on a couple good schools.
[signature]
are ya sleepin with em,or ya got em tyed up.[Wink]
[signature]
heres another pic from sat.[Wink][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
I'm getting a kick out of these big wiper stories, you guys probably had the new state record. The current record is 26 inches long and wieghed 6lb. 11 oz. The catch and release record is held by a co-worker and is 23 1/4 inches. Keep these stories comming, I luv em.[Tongue]
[signature]
Me a Corn Husker, no I think you have me Confused with Petty4life. I'm a wiperhunter and it is very clear what the hot gear is. You can even see it in the background of the picture that Fishnpro40 posted. Looks like pop gear to me but all kidding a side this really is a picture of a 27 inch wiper and I did catch it. Just don't want to give away the back ground scenery.[cool]
[signature]
looks real close to the one we threw back same color,depth of fish etc,etc.oursneven had those spiney things.no lie catch and release is 23. we i know we released em that big and bigger. i should have let jimmy take a picture,but i didnt want to give our spot away to mgb. he was pretty close i think thats where he has those biguns tyed up.[cool]
[signature]
Curt I am not calling you a corn husker, the area you caught that wiper makes the wiper a corn husker.
[signature]
You got a good memory my friend. It sure would be nice to see someone catch one that big next weekend, they could break the state record and maybe win the tournament at the same time.
[signature]