Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report sat may 13
Old coot you werent kidding about the bugs!!!! [shocked]I had my breakfast lunch and dinner there today of bugs!!![pirate] Nasty! Anyway launched at the north marina had to see how much time it would take to get to a spot petty showed me last week.Gota say it was a great day![Wink] Caught plenty of fish learned some new spots at willard .Just out of curiousity i have a question for all you bft willard pros out there.What is the average size for a wiper?I need to know especially for the tourney.On my way in i passed a fellow bfter saw his flag he knew who i was but i didnt get to talk to him .Also met dmack at the boat launch area as he was puting away hiss toon.Good meeting ya dude.I also gave my marine radio a try called out but no one answered so i guess the antenna must not be properly installed to the radio.Had trouble putting the end piece that goes in the back of the radio together.Gonna have to look at it again.
[signature]
I think I saw you today around 4:00pm going towards the North Marina . I didn't get on the water till about 2:30 . I tried calling for you . I only netted 3 wipers and 3 nice eyes with a few that self released .

[url "http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Hellsangler69/20wiper.jpg"]20" WIPER [/url]

[url "http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Hellsangler69/moredinner.jpg"]More Dinner [/url]

[url "http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Hellsangler69/sunset.jpg"]Sunset[/url]
[signature]
I took a newbie out for the evening trip. We got there late and passed mgb as we were heading out. We tried the "nursery" and then the light pole, followed by the island and feed lot areas. We only ended up netting 2 small walleyes (13-14") over by the feed lot. Water temp was around 65*. Tried all the usual producers and nothing happening there. I guess all you tournament guys have gave them a sore mouth. I hope next weekend is better for ya.

Good luck to all of you on the tournament and we'll see ya at the bbq!
[signature]
I was headed out at 230pm .I might have passed you on the way out. I called out for bftrs on my radio but no response.I hope my radio is working fine.Gonna find out next weekend though for sure.
[signature]
I chatted with I think was Finhunter if I remember right out on the water . I also passed Fencekid several times out there today .I found 3 dead wipers and a walleye floating so someone was slaughtering them . I think 17" to 19" is the average fish , but I been hooking a few in the 12" range . 19" fish will be kept if that is all I can hook next week .
[signature]
Hey Randy, did you score your "dinner" by gathering up the floating fish?
[signature]
No , I did it the hard way with power bait . One looked to have popgear attached to it . You missing any ? Dam cow eater anyway .
[signature]
[Smile]We also fished Willard Sat. We put in at the North Marina and fished fromn 0700-1400 hrs. Tournament hrs for the 20th. We boated 7 walleye and three wipers we had three walleye over 20 inches and two wiper over 20 inches. We had alot of hits that we didn't hook up on. I'm hoping the action continues for next weekend. Looking forward to meeting you BFT'ERS next Sat.
[signature]
Two twenty inch wipers might just win it next weekend, sounds like you have those eyes figured out too. Thanks for posting your report.
[signature]
I'll be staying in the campgrounds Thurs., Friday, and Sat. at the North marina. I'm in the Cotton Wood portion spot # 15. BFT members are welcome to stop by and B.S. I don't think 20 inch fish will place in the Tourney as some of the BFT members are boating 26 inchers. Ha, Ha.[shocked]
[signature]
What people are catching now and what they catch next weekend are two different things. My team won second place last year with two 21 in wipers, I think MGB and team won with a fish that was a inch or so longer. With so many people fishing in this years tournament you could be right but we will have to wait and see.[Smile]
5 days and counting
[signature]
darn govment employees gotta give time in hrs, now i'm all screwed up how many hrs did u fish? hehe! Cya at the tourny, i did get a spot at willow creek (were tentin it till i get a new truck to pull the camper) bass_turd and i will try to find ya friday night and say hi.
[signature]