Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roberts Gravel Pond -Report
Went out Sat. morning to Roberts for a couple of hours.
I caught 10 stocker rainbows and a ton of little perch. I had a hard time keeping the perch off my flies so the trout could bite. I had doubles on perch many times. I was fishing from my pontoon and casting to the surfacing trout. I decided to bring my family back in the evening for a while. I could not catch the trout but the kids had fun realing in about as many perch as they wanted to.

Good Luck
Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the update, WindRiver. Roberts is always fun and close too home to boot. Anyone know of anybody who happened to catch some of the catfish out of there that F&G deposited or was that just a rumor?
Last year I went about two weeks after they were supposed to have been planted and tried to catch them without any luck. I also spent many an hour looking through the aqua-view last winter and never saw a hold over. Not saying it didn't happen just saying I haven't seen nor heard much evidence of them. Anyone actually see a cat fish at Roberts last year?

Windriver
[signature]
I haven't been to Roberts in the past year but I'll tell you a few things that you might find interesting. I have found the F&G stocking information to be accurate. I would be surprised if it wasn't planted with channel catfish. I know people that have caught some of the channel catfish planted in the McTucker ponds in the last couple years. There weren't very many planted in there either. I think that most of the catfish that have not been kept by anglers are still swimming in there and will grow at least a pound every year.

As you probably know bullheads use to be very common in Roberts. I had seen a bullhead ice fishing a couple years after it was treated with rotenone. For some reason Roberts bullheads aren't numerous like they were 10-15 years ago.

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[signature]
Guys, I agree that there is no reason to doubt that F&G put them in there. I have no evidence of any being caught either. I believe they were channel cats and they should grow fairly well I would think. Maybe we just don't know how to fish a "stinkbait".
I've seen the planting reports on the F&G website be wrong before I was just pointing out that I don't think it is wrong. You guys are the ones that have spent the time there so you would have a much better idea about catfish in there than I do.
Have you guys caught/seen very many bullhead in roberts the last couple years?
[signature]