Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report ,post tournament
I took the family out after the tournament and bbq. It was great seeing all you guys agin, and what a great turn out. My daughter won a gift bag and that totally made her day.

As for the fishing, I tried the north dike but I guess Blm and The Angler gave them all a sore mouth. After dodging several ski boats I packed up and went over by pelican beach and trolled towards the feedlot. We ended up boating 5 wipers and lost one at the boat. 3 were pretty small but the other two were about 18-20". all but one were caught longlining with lipless cranks. The other was on a board with a producer. Not a bad haul for 3 hours.

Hey Blm, next year do the tourney in the evening! Then I may be able to be competetive. I can't get them in the mornings, but I seem to do ok late in the day.
Thanks again for the bbq, it was great.
[signature]
We had thought about doing some more fishing after the dinner, but alas, we were too full, and too tired to put the boat back in the water. I'm glad you found some fish though. We too have had a tough time finding fish in the AM's. I guess I just need to try harder.
[signature]
I think that everyone else must have been tired of fishing also. By 7:30 there were only about 15-20 boats on the water. There were only 3 over by us and I didn't see anyone else netting fish. I did hear a conversation on ch.4 (motorolla) that the guys said he just released another one and that brought their count to 40 for the day. Weather or no that is true; who knows, but I sure didn't se anyone out there killing them!
We'll have to hook up with petty and go out one day.
[signature]
It was nice to see you and your family at the tournament. Glad you were able to get out and get some wipers. I also do better in the evening than in the morning on those fish!
[signature]
Dotto! I can't catch em very good in the daytime, but let me out at sundown and look out "big" wipers! I had 4 days(nights) last year with over 30 wipers in 3 or so hours and plenty if days(nights) with over 15. Something about popgear after dark! Lol! Just kidding, i use rattlin rapalas about 120' behind the boat about 50' off the rocks and kill them! Does anyone else like fishing this way? Ever tried it?
[signature]