Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5-21-06 Willard bowfishing
Me and a friend went out to Willard today and got a few. I had three make it to the boat and a few long line releases. I even destroyed one arrow. I made a killer shot on a carp about 15 yards out and the damn tip was not tight and it "got away" with a large hole in its side.

If anyone else it thinking of going for any carp at Willard I suggest using a gaff. Not many of the carp are under 30" and they don't want in the boat. I lost one or two at the boat cause the arrow pulled out of the large gaping wound so it all [size 1]accomplishes[/size] the same thing I hope. Not that me and my 12 foot boat is really going to make a difference but boy it sure is fun.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like fun. Those big buglemouths got a lot of power and they are sometimes pretty cagey. Hard to maneuver close enough for a good shot. You earn every one you get.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But E-E-E-E-E-E-U-U-U-W! Ripping holes in them and allowing them to just swim off. Isn't that cruel? YEAH, BABY![/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Don't you ever get out and walk the shallows? It's gotta be tough handling a boat and working in for a shot.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Well yesterday I had a friend that helped with the manuevering. He does not have his bow set up yet and was having a tough time hitting the fish. I hope he gets his set up this week and gets some practice with it. When I am by myself I use a combination of paddles and a fence post to help get me in position for a shot.

Yes I did get out and walk the shallows but where we were taking the boat it is pretty shallow. I think the deepest part was about 4'. Were I got out and walked there were a few backs out of the water but the muck was 1.5' deep while the water was only about 2 inches. There were quite a few cold springs in the area so you could really tell the water temp change while you were walking around.
[signature]
Sounds like fun! I didn't see many carp swimming around on Saturday, but the wind will usually keep them from being on the surface much.
[signature]