Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Report 6/1/06
Well I made it out yesterday. I went up to Henry's Lake I was on the water around 7 and fished till 1. I fished near the hatchery. I only fished I did no catching. It was awefull. I have got to say I saw only one fish rise with a million bugs on the water and also saw 4 dead fish in the water. The fish were just flat out not there. No one around me had any luck either. That was a bit disappointing. Then I decided to hit the river on the way back to Rexburg. In about 3 or 4 hours I caught about 15 that made up for the waste of time up at Henry's. I was wondering does anyone know where the stone fly hatch is at now? There was some flies around ashton. But I didn't know if they were just starting or was this the tail end and they are already farther up river?

Fight4not
[signature]
Friday they were thick at Mesa Falls, my guess is that within a day or two they will be up in the box.
[signature]
I would suggest that a boat is needed to get to the fish on Henrys most of the time. Saturday my son-in-law and I had a good time. We found fish in 14 to 17 feet of water off Targhee. We also caught fish in 12 to 14 feet of water off Duck Creek.

If you fish the Hatchery area, you need to get out in a least 14 to 17 feet of water to find fish. The last two years the fish at the Hatchery has moved away from the tubing areas within two hours of the fishermen getting there. Remember that in the spring when fishing opens that the fish are moving away from the Hatchery and all the movement of the tubers increase the movement of the fish away from there. Unlike the fall when the fish are moving into the Hatchery area, the commotion around the Hatchery will stop the bite, but not move them very far away.

On the way down from Henrys Lake, we did stop and fish dry stones near the Stone Bridge and caught 22 fish. Problem was that the largest that we caught there was 14 inches while on Henrys we broke off three and got two large fish.

Successful fishermen on Henrys will fish early - from 5 to 9 a.m. and late - from 5 to 9 p.m. They will also be able to move from one area to another. Don't fish fishless water if you want do some catching and not just fishing.

Best of Luck.
[signature]