Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commerce Lake Fishing Report
[center][size 1]I went out today and fished from 3 pm to 7 pm on commerce lake.

I caught 3 of the prefered fish for the contest.

8 inch Blue Gill Jigging a teardrop with a mousie

9 inch pearch Jigging a teardrop with a mousie

10 inch crappie Jigging a teardrop with a mousie [/size][/center] [center][size 1]I caught a total of 10 mixed my buddy next to me hooked on to about 15 solid gills nothing else

[/size][url "http://web.ecomplanet.com/MESS3307/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/MESS3307CustomImage1719137.jpg"][size 1][Image: MESS3307CustomImage1701954.jpg][/size][/url][size 1] [/size][/center]
[signature]
ventured out to commerce lake again today,

temp 13*

winds from the north 12 mph with gust from north west at 31 mph

wind chill -1*

light snow

air presure 29.87

I hooked in to a couple gills over in the gill spot, nothing in my perch spot. I had forgotten to take my lantern with me so I could keep my hole thawed, so I spent most of my time, working on keeping the ice out of my hole insted of wiggling my jig.

needless to say I missed the only good hit I had while cleaning the hole. I gave it another 15 minutes and desided that the ice was winning this round, tomarow is another day.
[signature]
here is a report just forzen off the lake.

I went out and fished 3-6 on the pm side of the clock, I went out about noon to drill my holes all 6 of them.

I didnt do to shabby, although I did have to work for my catch, I had to wiggle my jig, constantly to get a bite.

I hooked in to about 40 gills and 10 crappie, I cept 14 gills and 4 crappie of decent size. [center][Image: MESS3307CustomImage1946790.jpg][/center] [center] [/center]
[signature]
holy smokes , now thats what i call fishing ! nobody i know is doing that well around here ! i'm going to have to go to houghton this weekend , they seem to have the best reports of fish in this area , or head down there for the day . great pics dave !
[signature]
Dave
did you put a lock on thy holes
Better watch out thy holes are gold.
let me now when we are going.
[signature]
I am headed back out again on wensday thrusday fryday saturday and if the weather holds out sunday too.

just let me know when you want to go I have power auger and will drill an extra hole.[cool]

you just have to remember to wiggle your jig. that's my traid secreat.
[signature]
[center]mean while back on commerce lake,[/center] [center]I pulled in 10 gills [/center] [center]2 crappie[/center] [center]4 perch[/center] [center]all on a wax worm tipped on a tear drop[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage0821683.jpg][/center] [center]18 inch mud puppy caught on a tipup with a 6 inch perch for bait [/center] [center]commerce lake mi 3-6pm[/center] [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage0839807.jpg][/center] [center]released in less than 1 minute, time enough to take a pic.[/center] [center]mud puppys are on the endangered list and must be released, this has been my fishing buddy for years every year I catch him and release him. I can tell that he is the same one by the missing toe on the left hind foot.[/center]
[signature]
now that is luckey , i have only seen one in my life , caught pearch fishing in the detroit river , about 13" . we have seen quite a few reports on the news expressing the extreme concern that the mudpuppies be released as you do . imagine how many people go thru life never knowing the wonderous things we are given to enjoy , as us sportsmen do . my little girl was wondering if he was named littlefoot , like the dinasour in the cartoon movie . she also wanted to know if you told swanie your address so she can find her way home after vacation . [Smile] my kids think your the greatest too !
[signature]
thanks for the kind words, swany is living on the lower end of the lake, the water by the dam opened up, over by benstein road and oakley park road.

I havent given him a name, but I think I will call him little foot from now on.

the first time I caught him on hook and line he was only 6 inches long several years back.

I have caught one every year on opening day of trout season as well. I dont know if he is the same one every year, but every year I get a bigger one.

thought I had a pike hanging on my perch on my tip up, I was fishing the hole earlier in the day and hooked a pike only to get him to the top of the hole and he opened his mouth to let go of my jig.

I went to fish my other hole and started catching perch, got the little 6 incher and decided to use him as bait for a pike.
[signature]
next saturday we are heading to houghton lake for pike before ice out , most of the weeds were removed last year and the pike ase wondering the lake , a couple of walleye or a big brown would be a nice surprise . a few smelt are still hitting up there but i think i'll wait for dipping season and then head for the u.p. ! darn bueatiful up there !
[signature]
[center]here is todays catch, every thing 8inch + nothing 9 inches[/center] [center]but I did max out on my limmit[/center] [center]how many gills can you count in this piciture?[/center] [center][url "http://web.ecomplanet.com/MESS3307/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/MESS3307CustomImage1993390.jpg"][Image: MESS3307CustomImage1985922.jpg][/url][/center] [center]click on the pic to see a larger size[/center]
[signature]
sorry , i had to get a roll of bountey to soak up my druel [Smile] , now thats a day well spent ! i got a grouse today , right thru the front window of the house ! any crappie holes doing as good as that gill hole ?
[signature]
[center]that was my crappie hole[pirate] I got one 5 inch crappie and about 120 gills. just kept the creem of the crop...[Tongue][/center]

we have a snow storm comming tomarow afternoon running in to sunday morning, becarful driving.
[signature]
thanks for your help, i appreatiate it very much .

have to replace the window from the grouse attack on the house today , nearest open place to get it done is in midland 110 miles round trip , expo will have to wait till next week , gotta work tomorrow . i can't wait to get there , i feel like a guy with a fishing pole standing in the middle of the desert ! rareing to go but a long time before i get there !
[signature]
they will be filming michigan out of doors big buck nite thursday.
[signature]
we can chalk up today as another good fishing day in michigan.

Another dozen gills, a crappie, 4 perch 3 largmouth bass on wax worm or minnow [center]fished from 10am - 2pm[/center] [center][Image: MESS3307CustomImage2027512.jpg][/center] [center]I got me a new fishing buddy today. first time ever hard water angler[/center] [center]"Jake"[/center] [center][Image: MESS3307CustomImage201987.jpg][/center]
[signature]
Dave,

Tell that angler Jake welcome aboard for me and nice pic and fish too!
[signature]
with a teacher like you and fish like that you can bet ol' jake is going to be an ice man fot years to come ! congradulations jake ! you did real good !
[signature]
fishing today was limmited, I went out again today from 3-6 pm and brought in annother limmit of gills (25) and a crappie.[cool]

same o' same o' now who could get tired of bringing home a pile of vandicamps day after day.[Tongue] [center][url "http://web.ecomplanet.com/MESS3307/ServerContent/MyCustomImages/MESS3307CustomImage2037375.jpg"][Image: MESS3307CustomImage2048888.jpg][/url][/center] [center]it was another wintery day, minutes on the ice snow and wind blasted this pile of fish with its wintery breath,[/center]
[signature]
well here is another fine mess I have gotten my self in to.... [center][Image: MESS6438CustomImage0878045.jpg][/center] [center]another dozen today, High presure sistem keeping the bite down, tomarow will be another story...[/center]
[signature]