Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 6-4-06
Fished willard today with Bearclaw and Fsh4fun05. left the north marina about 7:30am and headed to the feedlot. before we got there f4f05 hooked up with a wiper and it was on after that. between the 3 of us we put 12 wipers and 9 walleye in the boat, caught on various lures. 2.3-3.5mph. covered lots of water today with the 3 of us all with 2 pole permits running 6 rods out abd 2 sets of planner boards, got off the water about 4:30pm. had a run in with thegreatrandinee as he ran aross my bow at 50ft at 30mph if i thought i could have caught him he would have been a deadman.

da na na. na na na
[signature]
Sounds like you guys had a good day ay Willard.
Did you see if your plug wires were OK? How did the boat run?
Let me know when you want to look at my props and see if you can use them. I don't know their condition, but they look good, DKS.
[signature]
havent had time to look at big motor to busy fishing. the 4hp runs like a champ and will get me anywhere i want to go jist slowly.
[signature]
What a great day. Put a good number of fish in the boat thanks to Jason's stellar driving. fsh4fun05 brought his great luck (as usual) and it seemed to spread throughout the boat. Can't say I minded[Wink]. Great hanging with you boys and if anyone sees [black]" thegreatrandinee" Kidney punch him for me[pirate].[/black]
[signature]
At least he was nice enough to pass in front of you at 30 feet rather than behind you at 30 feet (has happened to me at Jordanelle).
[signature]
I'll second that on lake X . A big cutty went right behind me and spooled 3 lines off my reels . I was just hoping it did some damage to his prop seals .
[signature]
[mad]I'm going to do more then kidney punch him[mad]
[signature]
I couldn't have asked for a better day. It was good fishing with you guys again next time I'll drive (and catch fish too)[Tongue].
Here are the pics.
[inline muscles.jpg]

[inline hhurrrrggghg!!.jpg]
[inline "my turn.jpg"]
and last but not least, tight line and dine. Can't release 'em all.

[inline dinner.jpg]

DA NA NA NA NA NA, That's driving me nuts![laugh]
[signature]
Did you guys ever make a haul! Nice work! I'll bet it was a blast out there with all those cooperative fish. Stupid great one!

MOGATAAAA!
[signature]
Nice catch man.We had some good catching to.We didn't bring any home for dinner today though,its finally turning on.I was on the north dike where did you guys fish,loks like the feed lot in the pics?
Later,FNF[cool]
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Jason. Looks like you guys really tore it up today. Was today one of those days where any usual wiper lure worked, or was there a specific lure that worked best?
[signature]
we where in the feed lot area.
[signature]
usual wiper lures didnt work for me i had to change up and find what worked.
[signature]
[Smile] Nice catch of Wipers! This thread is getting long, but I have a few questions. I have never trolled for Wipers at Willard, but want to in the near future.

What planer boards do you use? Brand, where you get them.

Where is the "feedlot"? I hear it mentioned in a lot of posts, but have'nt seen a description of the location.

Thanks ahead of time for any info.

Crimson
[signature]
I'm thinking the wipers will eat about anything right now. I caught 10 or so Sunday morning trolling extremely slow for walleyes using chartreuse spinners and bottom bouncers. Also landed a limit of eyes that were mighty tasty last night and this afternoon for lunch. I trolled as slow as I could to make the spinners rotate and it seemed to keep the wipers away and the eyes tuned in better. As soon as I would speed up I would catch another wiper.
[signature]
i use the off shore brand planners but i change the black cips to the red clips wont loose planners that way. there about $25 each at sportsmans and the red clips are $4 a piece.

the feed lot is the silows just north of the south marina.

Crimson ill fish with ya and show ya a couple things on trolling willard
[signature]
[Smile] Thanks for the information. Think I'll invest in a few planer boards.

I can't get away right now, but thanks for the offer to give me a few tips on wiper fishing.

Crimson
[signature]