Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green River report
I fished the Green sat. and sun.
On sat. it was one of those days were I could not do any thing wrong. Started off at the ramp waiting for the trailer to be parked,tied on a Blow fly size 14, every other cast I pulled in one of those planter rainbows,good thing the hook was barbless. I left the Blow fly on for the first mile of the float and picked off Brown after Brown. Light cloud cover ment for good hatching and fish were rising all day. After that I tied on a Joes hopper #10 and continued to sucker in the Browns and rainbows.In the slicks the fish are selective and have time to study the fly and started to shy away from the Joes so I added a Parachute Griffeth #20 as a trailer they could not resist that. Having caught so many fish on drys I decided to try streamer fishing and tied on a size 2 glimmer bugger made to look like a tube jig. With the clear water it was fun to watch the fish chase it. About 4 miles down I changed to nymphs and caught them on 18 copper/black zebra, 18 soft hackle sow,18 Brooks fly.

Sunday was a struggle for me, I still caught a bunch at the ramp on the Blow fly but not a cloud in the sky in the morning and not a fish rising. That ment I had to nymph, ARGGGG! We caught fish but they deffinetly were a lot pickier.
Didn't hear a Cicada cherp.
Water has come down and was nice to float.
[signature]
Hi,
I was wondering if you mind sharing the recipe for the blow fly? I've never heard of this one.
Thanks
[signature]
Welcome to the board!!

The blow fly imitates the comon house fly, I am constantly swating them away when fishing the green and other rivers.
Hook: 1180 Daiichi 14-12
thread: 6/0 black
body: peacock herl - build up fat
wings: tan swiss straw
hackle: black-under size
head: black fine and dry dubbing
[signature]
HFT,
You've piqued my interest in this fly also "[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]size 2 glimmer bugger made to look like a tube jig". Would you mind sharing this pattern as well?
[/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Happy to.
Hook: Daiichi 2220-2
bead: copper cone
pre wrap .035 lead
thread: size A grey
Tail: grey and white marabou then tie in white and grey flexi floss a little longer then the marabou,about as many strands as you would see on a tube jig.
body: large glimmer chenille pearl
have fun tying!
[signature]