Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson,TwinLakes, Condie-Report
I arrived at Johnson Res on Friday evening to set up camp. My sons were fishing as soon as we got out of the truck and they were hauling in the bluegill as soon as their feet hit the ground. The bluegill at Johnson were small in the 4-6" range. They were taking just about anything. We concentrated on catching them on poppers on the top. Sat. morning I got up early and pontooned the perimeter. I caught 6 small bass on poppers most of them were 8" but I caught one that went 14". I also rounded up inumerable bluegill and 3 stocker trout.

I took my wife on a little date away from the kids to Twin Lakes at around 10:00. No I did not leave the kids the fend for themselves. My sister was watching them. We fished the south end of the south lake. We found the bluegill spawning in around 5' of water. Last year the spawning area would have been about 1-2' deep. The bluegill were packed tight in one particular area and we released all that we caught. My wife had a great time catching fish after fish on top water poppers. The bluegill at twin lakes went 6-9". Then we went back to Johnson and fished for bass and bluegill the rest of the day with the kids.

On Monday I took my oldest son over to Condie. We caught a couple of 13" bass and then we found the spawning bluegill. He had a great time fishing poppers for them. There is nothing better for training a young flyfisherman then the bluegill. I drug his float tube over the pocket of fish and he made little casts catching and releasing all his own fish. What great memories.
The bluegill at Condie were bigger then I thought they would be we caught and released many in the 7" range. There were quite a few in the 4-5" range also.

Overall the fishing for bass and bluegill should be good for the next couple of weeks.

Good Luck
Windriver
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I'll be taking my family to fish for bluegills at least once this month. Bluegill fishing is great for less experienced anglers. My wife bought a season license last week. It was even her idea.[Smile]

She hasn't even wanted me to buy her a single day license since we were married a few years ago. As many of you married guys know your wife does things to impress you when you are dating and just married but after a year you find out what they are really like.

She fished a few afternoons with me when we were dating. She even caught a few fish on fly rod when I floated her down the Box.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I will go in the morning early to Twin Lakes. Did the bluegills have a preference for color on the poppers? I usually fish with some kind of sinking black fly but top water would be more fun.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I fished Twin on Wednesday starting with black & red ants but slow going. So switched to yellow with sliver thread and that worked the best. The worst thing all day was watching bass
swim by & ignore anything I pitched to them.
[signature]
Guest,

Thanks for the report. If you haven't signed up a username yet, I hope you do and come back often.
[signature]