Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 6-8-06
I fished Yuba from the shore last night, about 6:30 to 7:30pm. Caught three bows around 3lbs. One more that was 6 1/2. First sign of any of the bigger fish this year. I was using a #2 brass Mepps. Brass is the key, they wouldn't touch a silver. Several bait fishermen around, but they weren't catching any. Sorry no pics, I have really slow dial-up. The water continues to drop.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome to the board and thanks for the report.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I was down there a week ago Thursday and also found that the brass lures were the way to go. Didn't land any large fish, but lost a couple that decided they didn't want to play anymore.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I was also surprised to see the lake dropping so much so fast. I guess the downstream waterusers are sucking out their allotments. Hope there is still plenty of water in the fall when the minnows swarm around the dam and the predators gang up on them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Welcome to the board! Good report i really neeed to get down there soon.Hopefully th biguns start showing up soon.
[signature]
Hit Yuba again tonight, around 7pm. One fish in about 45 min. The weather started getting ugly. Lots of bank fishermen tonight. Quite a few people were taking fish on powerbait.
[signature]