Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henrys Lake
Due to the weather, today was a little slow. My grandson and I got five fish but one was about 12 pounds. Took pix of Harry Tupper landing one over 10 pounds at Staleys. He also caught another one earlier in the day that was a 10 pounder.

I guided two days and fished three other days. On Monday we got 16 in the morning with the largest a 22 inch cutt. Then Monday evening we caught 18 with three fish over 10 pounds and two of those were over 12. Tuesday morning we got 9 with no large fish. Wednesday we caught 26 in the morning with three over 10. And then today we got the five.

We are finding the best fishing in the evenings from 6 until 9:30. Most of the fish that we have caught have been on the west side of the lake in 12 to 16 feet of water. The only two pockets of fish that float tubers can get to are just north of the County Boat Dock and at Staley Springs. The fish are starting to move into the channel at Staleys and some of them are huge. Not for the faint at heart.

This week we broke off nine fish that ran us into our backing. So there are some very large fish there.

Best flies have been the beadhead Electric Black, Brown CB, Mity Mouse, and red Naked Lady.

Hopefully this will help you guys that are PMing me. I only get to the computer about once each week and will give a general report for you.

The numbers of fish are not there yet - too much weather. We are taking all four age classes of cutts and the big hybrids are probably six years old. We have only caught one brook trout and it was 18 inches, but we have heard reports of some fishermen catching a lot of brooks off the Cliffs from time to time. If you start catching a lot of 8 to 10 inch fish, move into the weeds and fish the pockets - the big ones are near the weeds.

Now that the midge hatch is over, we should see the damsels crawling on the bottom of the lake and the fish should soon be on them.

Good Luck. I believe that we are a week to 10 days away from fantastic fishing - I am very pleased with what I have seen this week.

Bill
[signature]
Thanks for the information.
It is good to hear there are a good number of 10lb fish in there again this year. If I have time I'm going to be back up there in a week or two.
I like to believe that at some point a new state record Hybrid or brook trout will come out of Henry's.
[signature]
Good job and great report Bill.
[signature]
I don't think that a state record hybrid will come from Henrys as I believe the record is over 50 pounds. There is not room enough for them to hide that long and their life expectancy is only about 6 years in Henrys.

But I do believe that in the next two years there will be a state record swimming around in the lake.
[signature]
The state record the F&G has for Rainbow/Cutthroat hybrid is:

24lbs, 35.5" long and 24.5" girth
[url "http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/fish/record_fish/"]http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/cms/fish/record_fish/[/url]

You've caught more than one hybrid the last 3 or 4 years that are close to this record.

I'd agree that there won't be a 50lb hybrid pulled out of Henry's.
[signature]
Brian, Joni (flygoddess) and I are heading up there tomorrow for 2 days. She's says she's ready for an +18#'er. No fish is safe with her around[Wink][Wink][Wink]
Bill, you going to be up there?
Alan
[signature]
Good luck to you. I hope all of you see your backing multiple times.
[signature]
Don't believe anything you hear about me and only 10% of what you see me do and then we will both be safe!!!!!!

My wife did not have surgery, but was ill for some time, but is better now.

I have cut my guiding to 2 to 3 days per week and fish from 5 to 10:30 a.m and sometimes during the evening. Many days I will quit fishing by 8 or 9 when I am just fishing. The sun on the water creates problems for me so I am playing it safe. For every day that I stay out past 10:30, I generally have to miss that next two days to try to recover. By fishing these hours I catch the best fishing without being baked, fried, and anything else that happens to live animals when such things happen to them!!!!! Also I avoid fishing Saturday's on Henrys like the plague

Have a great day.

Bill
[signature]
[reply]
Bill

I was told your wife had to have surgery this week by Ken at Idaho Irresisitables and you didn't get to fish much??
Sounds like a crock of BS to me... [/reply]
[signature]
It's very kind of Bill to post reports on a regular basis, and then you have some dumb a** post a comment like that! Thanks Bill for your great reports!
[signature]
I don't know who this guest is, but it sounds like they are just trying to cause problems. Maybe he should keep his personal problems personal and not share them with the rest of us.

Fight4not
[signature]
Welcome to the board guest.

Sounds like some poor communication has taken place. I'm not going to cast any stones because some of my posts come across as I'm putting someone down when I did not intend that at all.

Many of people that post here will be offended by someone putting down bsflies. Several are friends with bsflies and many have appreciated the help they have received from bsflies. Many also consider it impolite to post multiple times as a "guest".

Anyway I hope you register a username and join in the discussions in the future.
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"] [/font][/size]
[signature]
Yi! What's the point of the above post? Sounds like someone has an axe to grind. This is not the place to do it. We are all adults and hopefully gentlemen fisher-people one and all.
My 22 years in the army taught me one thing. If one does not have anything good to say its usually better to keep it to one's self.
I've used Bill's flies and will attest to the effectiveness of the patterns. I suspect his expertise would overwhelm the average minnow drowner. Sounds like someone's baiting the wrong hook...
[signature]
I agree with Aluma165. I don't think what "guest" is doing is going to help the Idaho board grow. We appreciate all the imput and advice that Bill gives. All this is going to do is keep Bill from sharing information, which the majority of our members appreciate and look forward to. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Fight4not
[signature]
I believe that Bill sold the business and just guides now for whoever does own it (Tybugs I believe). Yes I am sure he gets paid well to guide but I seriously doubt he needs to bold face lie to get the few days that he guides booked out.

At any rate I am grateful for the detailed information that Bill shares both on the general forum and through PM's. His is gracious with his time and his knowledge and I have benefited from that.

If you guys have an axe to grind or want to call him a liar (or a fish story teller) then send him a PM or something a little more personal and you guys can work it out behind the scenes rather than airing out dirty laundry in the middle of time square. We don't really want to hear your PERSONAL complaints about 1 person on a PUBLIC forum where we try very hard to be nice to people and encourage all to join and participate equally.

Now that being said, if you would like to join and come out from behind your "guest" hiding place, play nicely, and contribute to the board in a positive way then we would love to have you stay around. We would love to have you contribe half of the valuable information about any lake that Bill has shared about Henry's. However, at this point you have not contributed anything worthwhile to this board and we would not miss you if you were to go elsewhere! However if your personal attack causes Bill to no longer come and play here it would be a huge lossto the Idaho board. So do the rest of us a favor and stay and play nicely for awhile and contribute something positive or take your personal agenda and buzz off!
[signature]
Good post Bigcat.

"guest" ... I hope you will register and share fishing reports with us. Sounds like you are a dedicated fisherman. The Idaho board needs a few more good contributers.

Now it's time to close down this thread. Any moderators reading this?
[signature]
Come on guys, let's get along and catch fish. Joyride is right. We need more people on this board with something constructive to share.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]I will say, I have seen what Bill can do, and being very busy right now myself guiding in UT. will say - thank God I have Falcon's Ledge to take care of the calls and bookings for me cause it can be a heck of a hand full.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]I was suppose to meet up with Bill in June (friend basis) but, it didn't happen, no hard feelings in fact I was glad to see his post here to know he is working his a$$ off, does him good [Wink].[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]June is real tough cause everybody wants to get right out, same with August and Sept. I understand your frustration, but he is but one man, and at least he thought of all of us with his "can't live without bible on Henry's Lake" (something I haven't seen from Rickard's or Fair).[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]As far as pictures, I wrote a song called "Silence Speaks Louder Than Words" which say's it all. I would be happy to send you a picture of the 24", 26" several 28" and the 32" that he directed me to.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]In short, if you can't get the real thing, go with the second best "Fishing Henry's Lake".....great reading.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Shark and TunaFVR live in CA. and will swear by this book.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Take a deep breath guest and try pm's. Life is just too dang short hon.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]peace.[/black][/font]
[signature]
[reply]
I am a member of a different forum and I know that there are some people that just try and shoot others down and call them liars and how annoying they can be, I'm not trying to come across as that, even though I probably already did. My point was the times the Bill has guided me (4 to be exact) we never caught the numbers or the pounds of fish he does. Yes, he does fish Henry's a lot more than me. I'd just like to see some pictures of these beasts! By the way Bill, your purple showgirl is working awesome for the smallies right now. [/reply]
[signature]
$3 maddy?
[signature]