Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC &UL REPORT
Well now that I got my turkey last month I finally got my bearings fixed on the boat trailer and ran up to DC for some eyes.It was a awesome morning with 2 other boats on the water.There are a TON of rainbows jumping for flys all over the lake.We started out jigging for smallies caught a few in my honey hole,but they were not really aggressive.We decided to troll down to the flats the rest of the morning.My 7yr old son was asleep in the bow of the boat but awaked in time to catch 2 monster rainbows,It was great to watch him fight those nice fish on a his 6ft rod.We trolled the best we could,I was having problems with my motor at low speeds (kept cutting out)..No eyes this trip did catch a few more trout and smallies.We left about 11:30 when it started to get busy with other boats launching for the day.

We decided to hit Utah Lake around 5:00 for some cats.We launched from LBH and traveled west along the north shore.I found a little cove and decided to anchor the boat there (5FT Deep).We used white bass meat and shrimp with 4" leaders with a bobber.We ended up with 6 nice cats ranging from 3lbs-8lbs..We missed a few more and called it quits when the sun hit the mountians.All in all It was a great fishing day.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report. That's spreading the fun out over a whole day and diversifying your tactics. Fun, fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sounds like a fun day. Nothing better in this world than watching kids catch fish. The look on their faces is priceless! [Smile]
[signature]
Great Report - we also hit DC for the free fishing day - Took my 3 yr. old grandson out for his first time.

After letting him drive the boat for the first time while setting on my lap he wasn't sure about trolling - it seemed pretty slow too him.

We started off trolling for slimmers - a little slow - we were getting bites but after the first jump they would come un-buttoned.

Then we went through a couple schools of slimmers and had 3 different doubles. I turned out the best option was to leave the rod in the pole holder and let him reel it in till we netted the fish.

We caught 10 - lost 10+ and had a great day. I did have one nice eye up to the boat 25"+ fish - but he didn't like the looks of us and decided to release my crankbait.

All in all a great day - we took off when the boats traffic got a little heavy about 11:30.

Going back for the afternoon eye bite sometime after work this week - time to get some good eater's
[signature]
Lundman,

Were you trolling down on the flats just north of the road??? I marked a nice school of fish in about 16 ft right on the bottom..I bet they were eyes and perch..We anchored up and tried jigging with no takers.I Would have trolled thee flats if my motor wasn't acting up like it did.
[signature]
Hey Pat,

We still need to hook up on the boat for some kitty action.I think I found I nice little "honey hole". I am heading out at least once a week if you want to join me.Have you heard of anyone catching EYES down there at all??
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]PM me with your schedule. Would love to join ya.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Walleyes in Utah Lake? This year it has been much slower. Several possible reasons. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]First...more water and fish spread out more...and hanging out in different areas. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Second...more food. There has been good spawns the last two springs. Lots of fry and young of the year fish of other species. Walleyes are well fed and are not as hungry. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Third (this worries me) a die off of the larger fish at the end of the extended drought cycle due to poor food supply. A lot of the larger fish last year were in poor condition. Many of them might not have made it through. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have fished aggressively with both bait and lures in several spots that were producing eyes last year. So far my best has been a nine (9 incher). [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have been hitting other waters and have not fished UL much recently. I am hooking up with Cat_Man tomorrow morning at Lincoln Beach and will probably hit two or three other spots around the lake in the next week. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Mid June to early July is normally a great time to catch some of the biggest walleyes in the lake as they feed aggressively between spawning and summer's warm water slowdown. I hope to prove that theory.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
We were in the Green Lund trolling at the North end - that's where we found active feeders. Most of the fish had moved since last weekend since the water had risen alot from all the rain. Still in the same general depth 18' to 21'.

The bank fisherman along the heber RR track have been doing great bait fishing - everyone we talked to had a large stringer of slimmers.

I am going eye fishing with 3 ole dependable cranks and some worm harnesses - since the water has risen there is a lot more stuff floating in the water - branches, grass, moss, logs....
[signature]