Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Books/videos are out there for me?
Hi guys,
I know a little about fishing tactics but not much. I am freshwater fishing from the shore only for crappie, bass, catfish, saugeye, and sunfish mainly. I would like to have a better shot at catching some fish because the last few times I went out I didn't even get a nibble. So are there any books or videos about freshwater fishing from shore? I couldn't find any. If you could help me out that would be great!

Winchester1897
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there Winchester1897 - cool name but I'm a 94 guy myself. Surprised that you haven't been able to locate any books or videos for it seems like every place that sell fishing goodies also sell books and perhaps videos & DVDs. Fishing from land is not much different than fishing from a boat in shallow water or near land. One can use a bobber, Carolina rig, Texas rig etc. Each species has their own particular method of feeding. Like bass are territorial. Agitate them with a lure and they will attack. Sunnies & Crappies have similar feeding habits. Therefore I w[/size][/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]ould suggest watching some of the fresh water fishing shows on TV. The OLN and ODTCH channels are two carrying fishing programs. Hold on now before you do anything [/size][/green][/font][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]there is a board right here on the BFT "Fresh Water Fishing". Posting your question will get you all kinds of suggestions and advise. Good luck.[/size][/green][/font]
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=2"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=2[/url];
[signature]
Thanks for the advice [Smile] , I'll post my question in that other section as well.
[signature]
Hey, welcome to BFT!

I tell ya what, you can spend many hours, and i do mean many, just readin some awesome information right here. The articles section, a drop down tab near the top of this page has LOTS of good readin material.
Gathering information is a good start, but nothin replaces time on the water.

cyas
rc