Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fun Trip
[Wink] I had a chance to fish with a veteran muskie fisherman , my lake and my boat ! I was eating up all the information he was throwing at me , when a 43 incher took his lure , not bad for the first hour of fishing ! We had a few follow ups , with me having a HUGE one follow my lure , but the figure 8 didnt work on that brute !! Later in the day we went back to that spot , just to see my friend on his first cast nailing that brute , after a long and tiresome fight ( I think the fish won that one !! LOL ) we boat a massive 51 incher , with a girth of 26 inches ( low 40 lbs ) what a fish !! He told me that fish was his best fish from alot of years of fishing , and I got to see it !! What a fish !! O ya , before we left , I caught a 35 incher , not a trophy by alot of peoples standards , but it was one for me , plus a memory of a guy getting his his largest fish ever !! What a trip !! Thanks Scott !!!!!!!

[signature]
No matter how big it is, I think its always fun to catch a muskie.
[signature]
[Smile]Was out today and caught a 44 incher on the 6th cast , only had three follows the rest of the morning !! hey , UpNorth , what part of the state do you live in ?

[signature]
Flag,

I am from Eveleth. Where about are you from?
[signature]
[Smile] From Wadena , we'll be playing you guys the first weekend of Dec in hockey !!! might make the trip up there , the only problem is , that its right in the middle of muzzelloader season [Sad]

Ever make it over to LOTWs ice fishing ?

[signature]
Cool,

I am not sure if the hockey team will be good or not this year. It seems like I have been out of highschool forever and don't pay attention to the sports anymore. (Though I graduated in 2001, seems like forever ago)

I do usually make the LOTW/URL lake trip about twice a winter and a couple of times a summer too.

I need to buy myself a muzzleloader, my dad has a 50 cal. I usually only rifle hunt for deer and the rest of hunting season is devoted to ducks and pheasant.
[signature]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17999;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=18000;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=18001;]
[signature]
[cool] Thanks Dave for putting these up for me ! the guy holding the fish is Scott , The first one is that 43 incher , the second one was the 51 incher , and the last one is my boy ( thunderboy ) with a bass caught this spring !

[signature]
Nice fish Flag..

So when we going ?
[signature]
[Tongue] You would get spoiled if you went with me Iceman !! LOL !!!!
[signature]
lol yea right think it's the other way around..

you been into the out fitters latley ?
[signature]
[Tongue] I stop in every so often and see Gary , and do I hear a fishing challenge coming on ?? LOL !! I've threw back more fish then you dream of !!! lol !!!

[signature]
you want a challenge[Wink] it's up to you talk to me this winter before i move to jamestown we can work something out..

i know you will out fish me in the soft water but look out on the hard water i'm hot there..
[size 1][/size]
[size 1][/size]
[signature]