Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THE NELLE GOT NAILED
[size 2]CBR and myself desided to hit the nelle yesterday. We launched at around 2:30 with our toons. Cbr had 4 bass landed before I had even launched.
We worked both sides of rockcliffs with several bass landed. We were useing drop shot, With this being my first time drop shotting. I had to get the feel for it. It toke a few cast to learn but when I did the bass did not stand a chance.

Anyways down to the totals Craig landed 38 bass and one 19 brown. [size 2]
I landed 15 bass and 3 trout. The trout were bows one well over 20 inches the other two 18 in and 14 in. Not bad for my first time dropshotting

It was great to be out fishing again. Even better was fishing with Craig once again. Thanks for teaching Craig I look forward to our next trip.

Sorry we only had time for a few pics and here they are.[/size][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Mike. Sounds like you and Craig were out to "git 'r done." Sounds like a total blast. I've gotta get into that drop-shot mojo thing, and SOON! And...at least the fish isn't scary looking in that pic![Tongue]
[signature]
I got some dropshot weights and hooks, but no mojos. do you have to have them or can you just use any small plastics. also how far above the weights do you put the hook? and what depth of water do you fish at? thanks
[signature]
Sounds like you guys crushed them! Nice work.
[signature]
[Smile]great report, glad to see you guys had a killer day on the water. How deep of water are you fishing and are you fishing close to the sumerged bushes. From the pictures and the report I think that a good majority of the bass must have a sore lip now, good job.
trfishin
[signature]
[cool]Well, I'm not BassAckward, but you replied to my post, so maybe you are asking me? I'm a total rookie to bass fishing and drop shotting as well, but I do know that they were running their weights about 18 inches or so below their plastics/hooks, etc. If you are curious about the drop-shotting technique, go to [url "http://www.mojolures.com"]www.mojolures.com[/url] . You can get excellent instruction there. Or, just send a p.m. to bassrods, CBR, or (now) BassAckward. I'm pretty sure tomegun is adept at that technique as well. Good luck on your bass adventures...
[signature]
Sorry I normally don't don't get on the computer on weekends. I am in front of one all week. the weights were 12 to 18 inches below the hook. we fished from 4 inches to 8 ft of water for teh bass. dropshotted in 30 + water for the throut hope that helps.
[signature]