Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6-17
Fished willard today with Bearclaw we put 3 fish in the boat 2 nice wipers and a small walleye took all home to eat... fished the feed lot area from 7am till noon slow day but still better then work...
[signature]
Hey at least you caught some fish! Jason you should just sell your home and build one on willard![Tongue] Man i have been anxious to get back there but its gonna have to wait till the softball tournaments are over ![pirate] By the way what month do the boils start to show up? I really would love to see one !!
[signature]
Thanks for the report P4L. I think I will give it a try tomorrow.
[signature]
Sounds like a good time to me. I got stuck home doing yardwork![mad]
[signature]
couldnt have happend to a nicer guy[Wink]
[signature]
The bugs were out in force today. About carried us off the lake. Great company as always. Fishing wasn't as fast as it has been but like petty said, beats the hell outta work[Wink].
[signature]
here's what you've all been waiting for pic'c of my catch
[inline IMG_0059.JPG]
[signature]
Mmmm. Looks delicious. What batter did you use?
[signature]
That's HOT!!!!![Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
Poor Wiper [Sad].

May god bless his soul.

Amen.
[signature]
Sure looks mighty yummy!
[signature]
My son took the boat and a coulpe of friends to Willard today. The didn't get on the water until about 9:30am. They started at the South Marina and fished to the light pole. They boated 6 wipers 1 18" cat fish and 1 18" Eye.
Not bad for some first timmers and a new [old] boat.
[signature]
Petty,

I was the guy that talked to you for just a few seconds before I raced off to start fishing. Sorry I did not give you my name. Guess I was excited to get out on the water.

Any way, we landed 6 wipers with the largest going close to 18" and 3 walleye. 15, 17, 20 inches.

This was the first time my partner and I have trolled on Willard, so it was a learning experience for both of us. My b-in-law caught is first ever wiper and walley. He was excited to say the least. I also picked up my first and second walleye. All fish were released.

Laterz
[signature]
Hey ocean the boils usually start when the little shad move into open water. That usually happens around the first of july. Ishould be fishing at willard then and I will let you know. gshorthair
[signature]
DTHagen,

it was good to meet you too. wish we had more time to talk but we where in a hurry to get on the water just like you. sounds like you did better then us [Wink]
[signature]
Cool sounds good.I should be be able to get up there in july! June is a very busy month with me to much going on with activities.
[signature]
I was at Willard Saturday as well, caught 2 Eyes, 3 Wipers and 1 channel cat. Black/Silver Wally Divers at 3 MPH, north of the feed lot in the late afternoon til dark. The first walleye was the largest fish 17-18", just as I was getting ready to net him, as I was pondering how I was going to introduce him to one of my best friends; tarter sauce, he flipped and was gone. Must not have liked the look he saw in my eyes. The rest of the fish were about 15", released 2 of the wipers. Kept the rest for a taste test, Walleye,was the best, then catfish then wiper, but all better than them slimmy trout. Be back again this saturday. Thought a saw a few small boils as the sun was setting, have to break out some shallow runners, seemed the later in the day, the less frequent the action.
[signature]
Those poor,poor fish some one should call PETA[cool]All you do is fish,don't you ever work pretty[Wink]
[signature]
MMMMMMhhhhhmmm! can I come over for dinner?[Wink]
[signature]
Do you have a special batter recipe? I'm trying wiper tonight for supper.It will be my fist taste.
[signature]