Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
navajo report and pics from BOWssassinator!!
well i had decided against going fishing this weekend(i know, sounds like a bad decision) cuz i'm just too poor to buy gas. yesterday came and boy did i wanna fish. then this morning i woke up at 4am, couldn't go back to sleep, said screw it! it's fathers day, i wont get to see my kids till next week and its too hot to stay in vegas, i'm goin fishin!!! so i packed up and headed to navajo. decided to make a trip of it and i went to cedar breaks, duck creek, the ice cave, cascade falls AND navajo. i have some good pics of the other places if any of you havent been to this part of the state and wanna see some of the most beautiful scenery in utah let me know and i'll send em to ya. anyway, back to fishing. got to the lake around 11 after some of my other excursions. the weather was perfect, the temp was perfect and the water was perfect. thought i may have to wait for and evening bite since i got there late but i didnt care i planned on staying. got out in the tube and tied on a silver/red spot jakes and wham!!! first cast got a bow. the fishing was perfect too. caught a lot more on this. then i tried some other various spoons and jigs and they liked em too. ecided to try rapalas. they liked em. in fact 22 of those bows liked em. anything shiny got bit. there were a few other fishermen there but i didnt see many fish caught. the secret was to run the jig as close to the surface as possible. almost like a top water bass lure. they would shhot up and nail it flying out of the water on almost every strike. most were 11 to 15". had one 20" wasn't a brookie and didnt look like a bow, a splake perhaps? i heard they are in there. he was the big one of the day and while he was graciously posing for a pic on the net of my tube he abruptly changed his mind and did a triple flip 3/4 twist super jump octuple gainer dismount, stuck the rapala that was still in his face into my tube and left it there so no pic of him. well now i have a hole in my tube and i was sooo busy catching fish that i hadnt noticed that i had floated ALL the way to the OTHER side of the lake. holy crap is it difficult to kick a deflating tube across a lake. took forever and i am beat and done fishing for the day after only 3 hours. oh well it was still a great day.if you haven't been up cedar canyon its worth the trip from wherever yer coming from!!!!

it's been so long since i caught a trout. it was kinda fun and these were the hardest fighting rainbows i have ever hooked. these fishies did not wanna give up. most bows just raise the white flag when they get hooked but not these fellers!!!!!

here are some pics of the lake and some of the average sized bows....
[signature]
Great report Mr. Bass man! Those are some pretty pictures as well. Glad you could make it out on the big day!
[signature]
A nice report and beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
That lake looks awesome! It reminds me of Alturus and Redfish lake in idaho only about 3 times the size.
[signature]
thanx guys. the only good part of living in vegas is southern utah!!! hahahaha!! these folks think i'm nuts when i tell em there is nothing to do in vegas and i'm goin to utah every weekend. they just dont understand.....
[signature]
hmmmmm sounds familiar . . ..

sm
[signature]