Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tubing Willard 6/20
Hit Willard today.. didn't get there until 3:00pm or so. The weather was great. A little wind coming from the Northwest, just enough to keep the bugs away, but not to bad that it blew me around.

Started out after wipers. After throwing cranks, jigs, spinners, you name it for 2 hours without a bite, I decided to try my luk on the cats.
First cast.. withing 3 seconds of it hitting the water... BAM! Nice 20" cat. Second cast... BAM!! 16" cat. I fished for the next couple of hours and landed between 15-20 cats.. the 20" was the biggest one, but caught several 16-18".

I kept a few... can't wait to eat them! All in all a great day.
[signature]
What did you catch the cats on? What area were you fishing?
[signature]
I was in the Southeast Corner... Kinda close to the freeway. I was using a worm under a bobber 25' from shore. I would just drift down the shorline with the bait. Just make sure that you aren't doing anything to make the drift seem un natural... Kinda like flyfishig. Just let the bait go where it wants to.
Hope this helps.
[signature]
[cool]Nice report! It's great to hear that the cat fishery in Willard is possibly slowly making a comeback. That's the only report I've heard of anyone catching that many cats that weren't just 8-10 inches long or so. It's good to hear that the dinks in there are starting to actually grow now.
[signature]