Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any red shiners or small chubs around the Strawberry Docks?
On Free Fishing Day I couldn't find any minnows to net around the docks at Strawberry. A couple years ago on Free Fishing Day I caught over 100 minnows in one toss of my casting net. Have you seen any shiners or smaller chubs around the docks at Strawberry this year? I know that there are plenty of minnows at Electric Lake and also Scofield, but I won't be at either of those reservoirs before Saturday.
[signature]
Hey Kent , the marina might have some in their freezer . [Tongue] Good luck to you . I haven't decided where I'll be yet this weekend but I will be wanting to go the berry .
[signature]
I have seen some schools of shiners at Soldier Creek this year, at he Aspen Grove Boat ramp. Not nearly the numbers as the last few years though.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I just got back from "chubbin'". Got a small cooler full of chubs from 3" to 8". Gonna sort 'em and process 'em. Want some fresh ones? What size?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I would be thrilled if I could obtain a few from your private stock. I prefer the smaller ones. Thanks
[signature]
Did you make a run to the sucker [cool] pond?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Yup. Only them little suckers was all chubs. TubeBabe and I caught them two at a time as fast as we could cast. And, a lot more of them were in the small range this time. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let me know how many you want and I will have them here for you to pick up.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Kent,

There was a few small chubbs at the Aspen Grove Boat ramp today. And the cutts were in munchen, So you better hurry our they will be gone. I actually caught a cutt right of the ramp on a pointer. There was a lot of bigger chubs 7 to 12 inchers out by the little island as we headed out to the main lake. Stopped and caught some on a piece of worm. My buddies kid caught a 20 inch cutt that was the fatest Cutt I have ever seen, thought it was a football rainbow. It had a ten inch chub half way down its throat and still decided to eat some more.
[signature]
I have caught a few of those cutts in Strawberry that reminded me of many of the cutts in Bear Lake, but not many.
[signature]