Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Success in the Uintas!
My wife and I finally got time to go up to the cabin in the Uintas. I fished Butterfly Lake on the north slope, just off the highway. I tried salmon eggs, worms, and power bait. On each one I got one hit, nothing landed. Then I switched to a green flash wooly bugger that I had tied. I was using a spin casting outfit with one sinker about 18" above the fly. Holy cow! I got fish on almost every cast! It was a bunch of fun. As I moved around the lake, it was the same thing. If I didn't get a hit, I could see fish following it in. Everything that I caught was a rainbow, not a brookie in the bunch. Can't wait to get back and try it again, different lakes, different colors.
[signature]
Awsome!!! sounds like it would be fun to float tube.
[signature]
Good job, its really special if you tied your own flies, but even when you didn't its still great fun. My favorite area is at the Sulfur campground, Haden fork fo the Bear river (I think) the water is amber colored and the brookies are HUNGRY! Not very big but they like leach patterns.
[signature]
It is about time you used that cabin for something other than another work project. Glad to see you are enjoying your summer and your new hobby of fly tying. gshorthair
[signature]