Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ANDERSON RANCH
Can any of you fellow BFTR's give me any info on the Kokanee bite at Anderson Ranch. The wife (Former Idaho Gal), and I are headed there this coming Thursday for a couple days of Kokanee Fishing. We haven't fished it for three years now. When we caught ours then we fished between Fall Creek and the Dam. We had two great days of Kokanee fishing. Any updates would be greatly appreciated. We run a 20 Foot Crestliner Black over almond with an American Flag sticker on each side. We usually fly our BFT flag also. Thanks.
[signature]
Kodiak, thanks for the info, I've never fished Lucky Peak. I'm thinking the ramp you are talking about is what they call Curlew by Deer Creek, and the dog leg must be across from Lime Creek. I know they fish alot through the narrows there. I' have had luck in years past on that same side but fishing the banks that run back towards the landing strip, but that year they were small, only averaging about 11 inches. The ones we got into three years ago by the power lines had two age groups. On size averaged 14 inches and the bigger ones were 16 to 17 inches, that is what I was hoping we could get into this time. I have relatives that live in Mt. Home and Weiser, but they are bass fisherman and their bass boats are not set up for Kokanee, so they don't fish for them or have much info on the Kokanee fishing. I am currently a resident of Utah but Idaho was my home for 16 years, so I know Anderson quite well, I guess I started fishing it back in 1966, when I first got stationed at Mt. Home AFB. I luv the area up there and use to spend alot of time in the Featherville area. I don't know if BFT is very big in Idaho yet or not, but it has become quite popular here in Utah. Jump on our site some time and chat with some of the members we are a friendly bunch for the most part. I just got involved this spring and have really enjoyed it. The BFT hosted a wiper Tournament here in May at Willard bay and we had 59 teams entered. A couple teams came from Idaho (Twin Falls) to be exact. We had a great tournament, a good cash pay out and alot of prizes from some of the sponsors, with a great BBQ to end the day and meet members. Once again thanks for the info and we will see if we can find some Kokanee next weekend.[Smile]
[signature]
Can't help you with any good info, but I can tell you we have been spilling over the spillway at Anderson Ranch since June 6th. We have a full lake there now and it might still be spilling when you get here. (maybe) The dam operators out there sent me some cool pic's. If you have never seen the water going down that spillway, it's a pretty cool site.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply EZOP, and yes I have seen the water going over the spillway, it almost makes you dizzy when you watch it. Man what a tube ride that would be. Also what a beautiful Crappie you are holding, I've only caught 2 really large crappie in my life one was 2lbs. and the other was 2lbs. 3oz. I caught those several years ago on an early spring fishing trip to Lake Powell. Tight lines and have a great day.[Smile]
[signature]