Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lady fingers
living out in the boonies like i do i sometimes have to resort to rather unconventional ways to refurbish my lures .

the hardware stores carry the basic line of colors in spray cans , the grocery store and the local department store ( plus a few gum ball machines ) can be a sourse of prisim tape ( stickers ) . but metal flake , or thoes bright neon paints ? where do you find a supply for thoes hot colors in farm country ? the ansure may seem unmanley but it seems to work . the ol' ladys finger nail polish , you would not belive the assortment of colors and effects you can create with these hidden treasures . i just redid some of my teardrops and thought they looked a little plain . with a little clear metalflake polish , you have scales that reflect off the lure in different directions , a clear / neon color can give different body perspectives , and the solid colors are great for the eyes .

so far they have worked out great , the only down side i have found is that your eardrums take a beating if you get caught getting into the wifes stash of polish .
[signature]
Great idea you got there Lonehunter! Maybe it'll work when you're out in the woods shooting arrows at the bucks. Haha!

I've got an old, used lure with a worn Greenbay Packers emblem on it. Definitely something that needs some painting over! Maybe I can paint a Viking's helmet on it or something. [angelic]

I always wondered what fingernail polish was good for... other than sniffin'. Whoa!!![crazy] [angelic] I'll hafta try it sometime.
[signature]
vickings ! yea ! i bet thoes guys get a lot of nailpolish ![blush] , lucky guys [cool] . i first discovered the different uses for this stuff when my ol' lady at the time repaired some chips in my hog helmet . black nailpolish , don't ask what kind of gal wares that stuff , nuttin but trouble ![pirate]

your pal , lonehunter
[signature]