Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Report 6/24
I had a family reunion up in Mantua Saturday and as most family reunions, I ate then quickly made myself scarce. I took my oldest soon over to the lake to check things out an the bank was swarming with bluegill. So I frantically searched the van for something to fish with and found a pocket fishermen(yes the one you see on tv) and a tackle box with powerbait and salmon eggs, (hey I fly fish so I don't stock this much). Hoping for the best we started fishing. Well the gills sure like salmon eggs. We tossed them in the weeds and they took quite eagerly. My brother-in-law dug up some worms and it really got hot. Most were fat slabs that would have made a nice meal. Very thick and larger than my hands. Nice gills. We caught about 30 or so before we headed back to the festivities. Nice time to spend with my son.

katghoti
[signature]
Nice report! Sounds like a fun day with the little guy.
[signature]
[cool]Great report! Thanks for sharing. I'm headed there in a few days with my tube, and can't wait to nail them gils for a nice fish fry. Sounds like they are defintely active now. Did you get any perch? Perhaps they were out deeper if you didn't. Any largies?
[signature]
I was only fishing about 3 feet from shore. We were sight fishing for them. They are very thick and agressive.

John
[signature]
[Smile]hey thanks for the report. great to see the little ones catching some fish to. I took my kids there off the bank last summer and had a blast catching bluegills, perch and some largemouth bass. I need to get them up there for some fun. thanks for the report trfishin
[signature]