Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Payette River 6-26
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]DeeDee and I fished the Payette River in Emmett Idaho right below Black Canyon Dam today. The river was running pretty fast, but we’ve been dying to try it for a while now. Smallmouth bass can be a hit or miss at this spot and you usually know by your first several casts what the day will be like. After a couple hours fishing, DeeDee ended up with 2 smallmouths and 1 nice trout, she was using a crawfish colored lipless crank bait. I was using a 3” “Maniac” brown grub on a lead headed jig and ended up getting 9 small mouths with the biggest 2 pounds. To my surprise I also landed 3 largemouth bass, which I have never caught here before at this location. If anyone is in the area, I highly recommend wetting a line here. The fishing should even get better in a another week or so. I'll be going back in the morning before the temp gets to 100 again. [/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][inline "Payette bass.jpg"][/size][/font]
[signature]
Today we had much different results. I landed 2 smallmouths that were very small and my wife DeeDee caught this on a white spinner bait in the raging river:
[inline "Payette bass3.jpg"]
It is so much fun, if you know what I'm talking about.
[signature]