Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pelican Report and good news.
Hit Pelican on Sun. The bigger bass have moved shallow into the reeds and they love the senkos. Caught several between 14-16 inches and 1.5-3 pounds. Took 5 home and had a great fish fry. Also picked up the typical huge gills. Man those are fun. The good news is the hundereds of little bass that I saw schooling by my toon. That means good numbers of bass for years to come!
[signature]
Nice report, and that is good news about there being a lot of young ones swimming around in the lake! Just yesterday I asked about fishing conditions at Pelican Lake and only received one response.

If I can get a neighbor to commit to head over there with me, I will hopefully be fishing it later this week, prior to the big holiday weekend.

Were there many other people out on the lake? Were the bugs bad? Once it got hotter during the middle part of the day, did you have to fish further out in the middle of the lake?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I'd appreciate any additional info you could give me.

Thanks.
[signature]
I got the majority of my bass mid day to early afternoon. The water is still 3-6 feet deep at the edge of the reeds so they seem to be cool enough. Caught most of my gills and 20-30 small bass trolling a double white curly tail out in open water. Just kicked along slowly and every 2-3 minutes would have another strike and or fish. The bass will be deep in the reeds so fish weedless. Only saw 4 other boats on the lake on no other toons or tubes.
[signature]
Speaking for a tuber, that's a great report, very informative. I wish to heck it wasn't so far and it wasn't so buggy. Sparky and I love that spot. Did you say how the bugs were? Am going to the Gorge tomorrow, should I change???? What part of the pond were ya fishing?
Leaky
Where is Pelican? Sounds like good fishing is the like really big I don't have a really boat so hope the lake doesn't get rough and busy.
[signature]
pelican lake is about 20 miles south out of vernal. the lake is bigger than it looks and it can get pretty windy but you can usually get out of the wind in a cove or reeds. good luck fishin
[signature]
For the first time in a long time the bugs where not bad at all. The day I was there the wind was not a factor. Just a light breeze to cool down the 98 degree temps. The lake gets pretty busy on Saturdays. Weekdays or Sundays for those that fish that day would be the best bets.
[signature]