Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question?
A question for all you electric bow mount fishermen. Have you ever had your plug in short out. I mean get corrosion in it and not make a connection? How could I clean it in both ends the female and the male without buying a new plug. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks Pikeman GO FISH
[signature]
if it's corroded with acid, like your car battery clean it with baking soda and water. use a small wire brush or even a small knife to scrap the connector. after it's clean spray wd-40 on the connectors. later chuck
[signature]
i used to have everything short out and started using dielectric grease on all electric connections on my boat and havent' had a problem since. you can get it at any auto parts store for like a buck for a small single use package. try it, it works.
[signature]
Thanks for the quick response and the good info. I will give it a try Thanks Pikeman GO FISH
[signature]
Hey thanks for that tip. I will get some and give it a try. Thanks Pikeman GO FISH
[signature]
Hey Glen,, just a thought...
To clean the corrosion off your connections you might consider a course Steel Wool. Roll a bit up and it will fits in all those tight places..
[signature]
After the corrosion is cleaned up, vaseline also works. but that special grease for electric connections probally works better.
[signature]
[red][size 3]I had a lot of trouble with my bow mount electric plug and trailer lights plug as well. We had to replace the main bus in our house and the electrician left a little tube of the industrial strength stuff behind that protects the metal and prevents arcing. I thought "what the heck" and smeared it in the plug and on the prongs. No problems for three years since. [/size][/red]
[signature]