Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cache Valley Gentlemen
Now that I have your attention do any of you gentlemen from Cache Valley think it's been cold enough this week to have safe ice on Porcupine?

fdg
[signature]
I think your suggestion on the Deer Creek post of the rope and buddy would be in order. I would think the upper end would be a safer bet than the dam. There was a post earlier this week that mentioned the ice was pretty thin near shore. Two weeks ago when I was there it was over 6". Over night temps have been less than 10 deg for a week now. You may want to wait another week to be safe unless someone else has better info than that.

Fishnate
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It's cold, no doubt.Last night was 4 below zero. Hyrum Dam has a cap on it again and there was some crazy fishing the east end yesterday so I think the ice is getting better. I have not been up to Porcupine but I'm sure this cold is definitely helping. Someone will drive up there and have a better report than this.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Isn't this site great? I really wanted to go to porcupine, however at 120 miles each way I didn't want to go if the ice was unsafe. Thanks for the report.

fdg
[signature]

I recieved a report today that the Koke fishing was Hot!!!
[signature]