Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle Provo 7-3 & 7-4
Hit the Middle Provo with my dad again on Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday was great. We both caught some really nice fish using Rainbow Warriors and Ray Charles. The fish seem to be getting fatter too than they were a month ago. Water level was still a little high but the fish didn't seem to mind. The fish must have taken the day off to celebrate the 4th because we couldn't get a fish to take anything we threw out there. We tried several different spots and several different rigs...no luck. The water level had dropped a ton from the day before. Monday it was around 630 cfs and Tuesday it was down to 330 cfs. I figure that big of drop in the water has to affect the fish. Bugs were hatching all along the banks, but only the occasional fish was rising. My dad had better luck than I did but neither one of us had great luck. Overall, still enjoyable to get out and fly fish 2 days in a row.
[signature]
Nice report!!
[signature]
Thanks for the report. That drastic water change will either turn em off or turn em on... Sounds like you didn't get it the good way. [Sad]
[signature]