Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 7/6 BOIL
Went to willard tonight got to the north marina around 6pm trolled for a couple of hours with no luck. We the decided to start chaseing the birds and the boils were a plenty around the north marina we caught 9 Wipers in 20 minutes, it was awesome. On a side note we were out there on the 3rd around the same time and between two boats 4 people we caught 26 wipers around the north dike.
[signature]
Welcome to the site ndarb, thanks for posting your report. Sounds like evening is the time to be on Willard. WH2
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard and good report. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I was on Willard, in my tube, yesterday morning. It started out calm, at daybreak, but I was blown off the lake by 9:30 by a strong south wind. Didn't get any wipers but caught probably 20 cats in a couple of hours...both on lures and bait. Didn't see any wiper activity either along the north dike or out in the open. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Saw some guys at the cleaning station that had limits they had taken from a boil just out from the feed lot (south marina area). They said the boils have been coming off both early and late down there for a few days. They were throwing small white plastics right onto the rocks, where the wipers were almost jumping up on the rocks chasing the baby shad. A couple of guys in the group also took fish on white flies. Fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Me and my wife also hit willard yesterday afternoon hoping to find some biols
We got on the water around 2:30 and went to troll the north dike,we started about halfway piont on the north dike heading towards the light pole,we trolled to the light pole and didn't get one hit,about 4:00PM we decided to try casting around the south marina channel,it was a good move but they where really small around 6" wipers,they would have been fun on light tackle.so we headed east trolling out in about 21'of water,we where marking alot of fish and noticed the terns diving in the water about 300yrds ahead of use we reeled in quick and ran to the birds,got close and dropped the bowmount and started casting,it was not a biol but the birds where diving like crazy,on my wifes second cast bam wiper on,I casted to where the fish hit and I was hooked up.
from then on till about dark thats what we did,watched where the bigger flocks of birds where hitting the water and we would run to them,right at sunset was the fun part of the day and we caught most are fish then,we finally found a a good biol and followed it for at least 45 minute with the fishing splashing all around the boat,then a storm chased use of,the fish where still going nuts when we left.
Lure was the prism shad.
location SE corner out in 21ft of water.
We boated 18-20 fish.with alot of long line releases.
sorry about the poor quality on the wiper biol picture I was trying to hurray and cast and it was getting dark.
later,fnf[cool]
[signature]
Great report Tony, sounds like the evening is the time to be on the water. I haven't been on Willard for over a month and I'm starting to have withdrawals, especially with all the reports on the wiper boiling. I sure hope by next weekend I'll be able to get out there. Thanks for posting your report.
[signature]