Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mantua 7/7/06
I actually got to get away and do some fishing myself on Friday. I took the camp host from Willard; he told me he hadn't been fishing in a while so I said well lets go. I took him up to Mantua and oh my god was it fun. If we caught less than 75 fish, I would be surprised. Never did catch a real big bass but did have one about 14" all the rest were pretty small. The bluegills we caught weren't great but the 26 we kept were about hand size. We caught four perch that were very big, should of had 5 but he tried to lift it from the water to boat and it fell off. I have got to take my 6 year old up there, I think he would have a blast. I have to admit I don't thinK I have fished for bluegills, in the summer, since I was like 16 years old with my dad. I love to eat them but once you reach a certain age its more fu to go after the big fish. I guess that means that there is a certain age, when you go back to bluegills, and I must be there.

Jeff
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice report. No apologies ever necessary for admitting that you enjoy playing with panfish. I know a lot of seasoned "pros" who readily admit a lifelong enjoyment of jerking little bluegills and perch from the water.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I truly believe that if other fish fought as hard...inch for inch and ounce for ounce...we would never be able to land some of the large members of other species we catch. And, there are few who would deny that they are some of the best in the pan.[/#0000ff]
[signature]