Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hills Creek - Late Report
As I mentioned a while back we were headed to Hills Creek State Park for a over the 4th camping/fishing trip.

It really ended up being more camping than fishing even thought we fished hard for 4 days I only caught 3 Bass. The bite was really off, even the Panfish fisherpersons were not getting anything.

There was not even any baitfish in the water except for a scarce Blue Gill here and there. I/we fished every piece of structure and weeds we could find but it just wasn't happening.

Fri I managed this 1.75lber on a Texas rigged Tiki Stick blk/bl flake with a 3/16oz bullet sinker off the point just out from our small launch area. Be advised these are the aftermath pics.

[Image: 1.jpg]

Saturday me and my buddy DR went out for 6hrs in his jon boat and fished hard but no matter what we tried the fish were nowhere, not even any baitfish as I mentioned earlier.

Sunday I went out at 6am in my toon and managed a nonkeeper under a laydown with a weightless senko (watermelon)...I thought I was snagged but when I pulled the line I had a fish on lol. DR and I went out later after I got back in the jon boat again and I managed this 2.75lber in about a foot of water with a Texas rigged Kinami Flash red/blk w/ 3/16 oz bullet sinker pegged. She hit it so hard I didn't even have to set the hook. I say it was over 3lbs but DR's scale said 2.75

[Image: 2.jpg]

We fished day and night for two more days after that, we fished topwater with alot of flashes at the bait but no hookups. We fished shallow and we fished deep and we fished stucture. I can't tell you how many times we changed baits/lures and I had 4 poles with me and he only had 2. I had a few times where I would just stare at my tackle and wonder what to throw...lol

So it was a challenged effort for sure but we had a good time anyways with only 1 morning period of rain. Now that I think back on it we shoulda beenout there fishin in it, maybe they were bitin then...lol

Lastly I am really beginning to wonder if they are trying to turn these local lakes into Muskie farms. Here is a link to what they have put in the two larger lakes here
http://www.nab.usace.army.mil/recreation...ng2006.pdf

Maybe I should start buying Muskie tackle, now wouldn't that be a treat in a pontoon boat...lol

Thanks for reading

Bassguy64
[cool][#0000ff]Just remember that the operative word is "fishing"...not harvesting. If we caught a bunch of fish on every outing it would not be nearly as challenging or as fun. At least that is what we can tell ourselves after a tough trip.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That is one of the great things about fishing. Just when you start to get overconfident, figuring that you have everything under control, the fish will find a way to make you humble again.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Muskies are doable from a tube or toon. Just be prepared to handle and control them and don't do anything foolish in your excitement. They are big and strong and they have nasty teeth. Those things are sometimes not compatible with inflated craft.[/#0000ff]
[signature]