Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 7/8 evening report
[Sad]the fish where hard to find yesterday,got on the lake around 3pm out of the north marina,went straight to the south dike east of the feedlot looking for some surface activity and found none,there was a good north wind blowing and there was very few birds on that side to give away the shad,well we fished over there until dark with no fish to the boat,we went to the NE corner and waited for some biols,we had some for around 45min and caught 5 fish.nothing like a cold front and the moon to shut those wipers down,i will try again in a week or so.
saw MGB out there but will let him give his own report.
later fnf[cool]
[signature]
Yesterday at willard was not very productive for me. Fished from 7:30am - 10:30am with OldCoot,Ben and Dr.Flinn and never had a bite. After droping them off I went out solo untill 1:00pm and caught 1 wiper. The next 3 hours I spent pulling a bunch of 20 year olds around on the tube. From 4:00pm - 7:30 I had 1 fish on but lost him after a short batttle. I also helped out a stranded family that was about to get blown into the dike because their battery was dead. Long day on the water with only 1 fish to show for it and I released him. Good to hear you finally hooked up with a few. I guess I should of stayed but I was beat.
[signature]
Mike-some days are like that out there,but helping out that boat in trouble should give you good Karma for next time[Wink]
[signature]
Two good deeds in one day should bring you some great karma my friend .
[signature]
It was actually 3 good deeds. I took OldCoot and Ben out on a short notice, took my step daughter and 4 friends tubing and came accross the stranded family in 8' of water and gettting closer to the dike pulled them to deeper water then gave them a battery to start their boat. Oh I almost fore got I also bailed out a friend from jail at 5:00am before I went to willard bay, that makes 4 good deeds.
[signature]
Mike, you will be blessed, but probably not in your lifetime.
[signature]
I also hit willard from the rocks,caught 2 small Wipers on hand tied jigs. Took my yellow lab,he swam around my bobber all afternoon and brought it back to me a couple of times,so I was lucky to catch any.
[signature]