Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another tiger muskie record breaker
thankls alot jim,coming from you thats a real complement for me.im not sure actual age span of tiger muskies,i have herd of people catching and gill netting a few that claim to be 50 -70 inches long,but they might be out there, i hope so ,but the old record has been good sense 2001of 31 pounds. but i know they are hybrids from muskie and northern pike,so they never spawn,the dwr just plants a bunch of well started tigers every 2-4 years ,but the biologist stated to me that they can really have a problem with older bigger tigers eating some of the small planter tigers,thats why they want to get rid of some of the tigers over 40 inch mark to help with the smaller croud.thats what i know about them,but i would like to learn how to catch them big lakers,im hoping my wife buys a trip for me to fish with you next year, hopefully i talk to ya soon in person ,again thanks jim
[signature]
yea thats my next venture in a week,but i would like to get with captain jim next year to help me out a bunch for jiggin for them.but ya never know i might hook into a good one trolling,i have have had some bad luck at the gorge everytime, my fishfinder works at pineview and stops at the gorge,i dont know hopefully my luck will change for the macks.
[signature]
Duh! I forgot that tigers can't spawn! So reproduction is not a factor. It comes down to how big they can get before they die, and if there's such a thing as too many big ones in the pond. (I've never been much of a subscriber to that theory!) Again however, I don't know anything about the numbers and size of fish in there, and I guess if they're all stocked and there seems to be a balance, then no harm-no foul in keeping a big one, I suppose. If the lake is able to produce more 50 and 60+ inchers for folks to catch, however, then everyone should probably re-evaluate whether to kill a 50-incher. Again, that decision should be based on logic and aquatic science.

Anyone out there know the growth rates and/or lifespan???
[signature]
Here's a little about their growth rate in the Potomac. Obviously Pineview will be a bit different with its different seasonal water temperatures and forage availability. I've read several references that say they live to be 10-12 years old.

[url "http://www.toothycritters.com/growthrates.html"]http://www.toothycritters.com/growthrates.html[/url]
[signature]
hey thanks for letting us know aboutthis link about tigers.
[signature]
for money or record's son's or daughter's I think it would be ok so get over this STOP KILLING BS.........................................
[signature]