Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mantua Report 7-9-06
We had a nice day of fishing and letting the kids play in the water. We got a few bluegill, perch, bass and a surprise. One nice rainbow trout. He was about 15 inches. All were released. We got there about 2 and left about 5.They are enforcing the no fishing or swimming from the boat dock big time.Have been teaching my 3 year old grandaughter to reel in fish. She really enjoyed it yesterday.
[signature]
I took my kids up there in the p.m. on the 8th. My three year old didn't know what to think of the boat. With the power brigade making waves all over, he spent most of his time sitting on the seat. He did catch his first fish, then second, and so on...but in the end fell asleep for a while. My other two boys had a great time catching a bunch of gills. My boys were a bit disappointed that they couldn't see the fish under the boat because it was overcast. I think they look forward to seeing the fish and watching them eat the jig. In the end they caught enough to make me spend a while at the fillet board. Only 1 perch along with the gills.
[signature]
Glad you had fun. Can't believe you let the kids in the water there. Aren't you concerned they'll get swimmer's itch?
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, guys. I really like that little lake. I'm gonna take my two year old there for a couple of hours one of these evenings soon and see if I can get her into the fish and keep her interest.
[signature]
I was worried about swimmers itch the last time I was up there. There were a bunch of kids swimming around, and I asked the dad if he was concerned. He says he is up there all the time, and for the past 6 years his kids have been swimming in the water and have never complained of any itching...I wonder if it is really in there???
[signature]
I was concerned for a litle while about the swimmers itch. But we have done alot of swimming and fishing up there and one of the kids got it one time. I had a local tell me a couple of weeks ago that you usually don't get it unless you get in the weeds.
The kids love to swim and fish there. We can do ok from shore so it is good for the whole family.
[signature]