Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My quest for a spot for kitties and Sparky at Ut. Lake 7/10/06
This ain't a Tiger story but it's mine. Don't get me wrong, Those
Tigers are a wonderful fish and a wonderful challenge. Just out of my league with 6# line and bass jigs in a tube.[laugh] Anyway, went to U.L. yesterday on my quest. I love to hook into those guys now. This is my first year.[sly] Ended up at the Knolls about 1 mi. north in my tube again. Found an area with a little vegetation where I could keep track of Sparky and where he wouldn't get hung up in the stuff. Yeah, I'm protective, he's my bud and I'm cautious. Probably a exaggerated worry since he seems to be a strong swimmer but when he disappears into the thick stuff, I worry. Anyways, got there about 11 a.m. and in the first hr., caught 6 kitties and a respectable muddy, then the wind and showers hit me so I headed in to wait it out. After it cleared up, tried again but nothing, so I quit about 6 pm. Brought a few eaters home for eating. All in all, good day. I ain't done with that place.[Wink]
Leaky
Hey Fred, welcome to the wonderful world of cats. They may not be the prettiest fish (that of course is reserved for sturgeon) but they sure know how to put up a fight, and cooked right they can be fine dining.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sounds like a fun trip to me. The smaller fish are just as much fun and better eating.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looks like Sparky is getting you well trained.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am surprised that you didn't pick up a white bass or walleye on those crawlers. Those fish are pretty active in the same area about this time.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice report Fred. I think you ought to buy sparky a license, and tie a small rod to his tail and let him jig away!
[signature]
Sparky is well under 14 years old so shouldn't he be able to fish without a license? Or do they measure age of a dog in doggie years?[Wink]
[signature]