Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ONEIDA NARROWS
Hello out there in fishing land.
I have heard of a place called Oneida Narrows and plan on visiting the area soon, what kind of fishing oppertunites are in the area?
Any information would be appreciated, Thanks.
[signature]
It's been years since I fished Oneida but I did talk to a guy in Smith & Edwards (Utah) a about a month ago that did real well last year there. We fished for Walleyes and so did he.They were fishing up close to the inlet he said they were doing 30-40 fish a day but most were small. I have been thinking about getting back over there my self and giving it a try. That is a nice area with several other smaller lakes near by that hold bass and pan fish. We made the mistake of going there on a Memorial weekend thinking it would not be very crowded seeing how it's kind of out of the way. Boy were we in for a surprise, it turns out thats where all the young party animals from northern Utah go to party. So beware of the holidays cause other people know of it also. From what I remember there is a small campground there and it can be tuff to get a spot. Let us know how you do. [cool]
[signature]
The narrows used to be a very good river. Don't get me wrong it's still enjoyable but it's not what it was a few years ago. Many planter trout and a few smallies ( most of the smallies are right below the power plant) with an occasional brown thrown in.
River does fluctuate with the power plant. I don't fish the res much anymore at all so I'm not help there.
[signature]