Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business trip
Ok I am definetly coming up sept 7-10 I will be relatively busy until saturday night I get done with training at 4:30 and would love to go fishing that night. I am staying at the crowne plaza minneapolis airport eagan. on mapquest it looks like it is pretty close to a few lakes that might be within walking distance because I am not renting a car. any info I can get would be great. I also need to purchase a fishing license for that day can I do that on line with the DWR or is there sowewhere out there that I can get one.

Thanks
Joe
[signature]
I am Confused whether you are staying in Minneapolis or Eagan. Either way good luck finding a worthwhile lake within walkin distance. Honestly if you want to catch fish you will probably have to go 10 to 15 miles up HWY 35 or west on 94. Whitebear lake would be my best recommendation within reasonable distance. As to a license, look on the Minnesota DNR site, but I am pretty sure you can only buy them in person at a hunting/fishing store or a gas station.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. I am staying in eagan. I would also Like to know what type of tackle I might need? if anyone can tell me that would b great I will check into see what i can do to get up to whitebear lake. but I think I will just be staying around the hotel.
[signature]
What kind of fish do you want to try to catch? I need to know to be more specific on tackle.
[signature]
I would love to target some northern pike or walleye. but would just like to do some good fishing somewhere I never have before so anything works.
[signature]