Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Report 6-15
Had the opportunity to fish the berry yesterday with MGB, Polokid and Parasite. We got up there, found FishinPro40, and commenced fishing. We caught them here and there for a while on a slow but steady basis. We worked towards the ladders, where we picked up some dinks, so we decided to go elsewhere. We finally found a pretty nice and cooperative school around 3PM. We spanked them around for a couple of hours, then decided to head back to the marina. All-in-all, a very good day on the big pond. We probably brought around 80-90 fish to the boat, with Parasite getting the big fish honors with a nice 22.5 inch cutt. The fish seemed to like jigs in the darker color patterns. We caught a bunch off of white as well, but the dark green/brown seemed to be a little more productive. Of course we tipped the jigs with meat, as you all know Bear Lake Cutts are meat-o-sauruses! We also ran into the Hellsangler, he spent most of the day trolling around. He managed a couple kokes for his efforts.

Parasite's big dawg!
[inline parasitecutt.jpg]

Typical 19" Strawberry cutt!
[inline berrycuttjuly06.jpg]

Was awesome fishing with you guys today! A huge thanks to MGB for draggin' the boat up. He is the jiggin' master! Nice to finally get our days lined up so we could get some fishin' done.
[signature]
Thanks for the report... beautiful fish! [Smile]
[signature]
Good seeing everyone up there yesterday . I picked up one more 16" koke at sunset . Spent most of my day trolling and with downrigger . Too much debris in the water to long line with out a lot of weeds on your offering . I think the water is clearer on the Creekside but more floating logs to watch for .
Koke
[Image: 7-15koke1.jpg]
Koke
[Image: 7-15koke2.jpg]
MGB boat
[Image: 7-15MGBboat.jpg]
Sunset
[Image: 7-15sunset.jpg]

One mishap on my boat . Broke my pedestal base to my seat . Going to have to rip out the floor to fix . Fun !!!
[signature]
It took acouple years to get our schedules to work out, guess the planets where lined up in our favor. Them 12 hour days are fun but ya pay for it the next day, at least I do its hard to get out of bed in the morning.
[signature]
Looks like you got another nice Koke Randy. I hope the fishing stayed good for you for the remainder of the evening. Where did you pick up that last koke?

Mike, I hear you about being tired. Sure was fun though.
[signature]
Yea, I had an enjoyable time yesterday but I'm feeling it today as well! I think my neck is in the worst condition from always turning around to see who's getting the hits.

I learned a few key things jigging! And for a while I wasn't sure if I'd keep up with everyone elses pace but after a couple fish I felt much more comfortable about when to set that hook, and had a great day.

Mike, thanks again for taking us around the berry, and hope to do it again...
[signature]
Nice reports guys. I would much rather be fishing than in the sweltering shop welding all day! It hit almost 96 degrees in the shop today![mad][crazy]
[signature]
Brandon , I caught the last Koke just after that sunset pic . Infact I had it in the boat 2 minutes after the pic was taken . Or at least that is what the camera tells me . [Wink] Place is Mosquito Bay out in 71' of water 48' down .
I can't believe you guys are tired . Heck I didn't get home till 12:30am and was up by 6:30am to get chores done so I could tear into my boat . I found a few surprises (not really ) after I tore the floor up . All I can say the guy that did the carpet job on it should be shot . I found 3 holes so far were he drilled the self tapping screws thru the boat . and he didn't use stainless so I had to drill the heads off on a few because they were rusted up . No wonder he sold it to me , he screwed it up . I'll get her patched up now . Anybody ever use some of that epoxy putty for small holes ? That should do the job .
[signature]
Oh, one more little story. While Brandon was bringing up a nice sized fish, a second fish kept following the hooked one. It came all the way up to the boat with the other fish and kept swimming by while Brandon was getting ready to un-hook his.

After what seemed like a minute, Rob lowered his jig into the water about one feet deep. Within no time, what appears to be the dumbest fish I've encountered hit Robs bait. It was hilarious, we had a good laugh but I couldn't believe that fish came up all the way from the bottom following his captured buddy. Then with all 4 of us looking over the edge of the boat, proceeded to hook himself on a jig.

It was very interesting and comical.
[signature]
Nice report guys - sounds like a lot of fun. Always fun to hit Slayberry.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 3]Thanks MGB for the fun trip!!! Like always I enjoyed fishing with TKB, and it was nice to meet Parasite. For a mediocre day on the berry, I still had a blast. Cant beat 12 hours of fishing. I cant think of anything better to do! [/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
That happens quite often in the fall when I fish from my pontoon,almost lost my rod&reel once!Learned not to tangle the tube in the water when doing something else
[signature]
Sounds like a good day at the Berry!
[signature]