Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD 7/16
Chasing boils!There were many boils out in the middle of the lake,they didn't last very long,but if you could get up on them you had a fish.Fished from 430PM-930PM.Lots of boats out there doing the same thing,the boils would stop,and then could not get a bite.The jet skis,wake boarder,ETC were not a problem.Didn't know why until I spotted the Ranger boat on the water.Caught 6,keep 4.
[signature]
[cool]Chasing those boils is a riot and can be down right addicting. Thanks for sharing your report.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]The jet skis,wake boarder,ETC were not a problem.Didn't know why until I spotted the Ranger boat on the water[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]That explains why the moron squad were minding their p's and q's. Good to hear that they Rangers were out and about to keep the jerks in line...[/size]
[signature]
Spent the day at Willard myself. Chased boils from S marina to the SE corner and back several times. Fishing was fast in the boils. Trolled up a few also. My 6 yr old caught his first wiper on his own. Casted the lure, hooked the fish and boated it. We let it go.
Back at the launch I got reports that the lightpole was the place to be. Lots of boiling, guy had 18 keepers so it was not a lie.
Had a friend from Atlanta with me, he was flyfishing for them, finally got one about 20". Nice fight on a 5wt, he has the bruised knuckles to prove it.
[signature]
Thanks for the report... I will be there in the morning in the Tube... Hope I get a few boils close enough to cast to. [Smile]
[signature]
They were just out side the South marina,everybody could see them when they left the marina
[signature]
What time was that? I took out at about 7:30pm and saw nothing at the mouth of the marina. I had launched around 1:00pm. All of the boils I saw were just West of the Feedlot point and in the SW corner. It sounds as though the feed is on at Willard. Probably boils all over the lake.
[signature]
I launched about 430Pm,and they left shortly after that I think.There were lots of boils out in the middle,and 5-6 boat fishing them.
[signature]