Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need foot rests on old pontoon
I have an old Leigh Outdoors Pontoon that I purchased around 10 years ago. The problem I have is I need a set of foot rests for it and need some ideas. I tried using conduit but it was too flimsy and bent when I needed the support. Any ideas that you can offer will help. Thanks!!!
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17603;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17604;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17605;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=17606;]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I got your pics sized and posted. After looking at what you have, the first question that comes to mind is "How long are your legs"...and do they go clear to the end of the pontoons? Probably not. If they did, you could hook something between the two rings on the end of the air chambers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The best I can suggest is to wrap a double wrap of nylon rope around the front of each air chamber, and run it through a stout piece of schedule 40 PVC...1" or 1 1/4". Make it so that the PVC runs from side to side, at a level that is out of your way while you are kicking and fishing, but which you can raise your feet when rowing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Never seen a toon without foot rests before. Nice looking craft and good lookin' kid.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I was going to suggest kind of the same thing. I had a Bucks Bag Alpine that had nylon straps on each tip that connect to an aluminum bar. The bar was sort of "U" shaped, but was a straight piece for about 30" then curved up about 8" on each end with loops in the metal for the nylon straps. It came from the factory that way and it worked great. Check into aluminum pipe.
OR, thry this, Carol bought out Leigh and might have some parts.
Venture Outdoors[/url]
PO Box 180
Brigham City, UT 84302
Tel: 435-734-1405
Fax: 435-734-1405
[url "mailto:carol@ventureoutdoors.net"][#000000]carol@ventureoutdoors.net[/#000000][/url]
[signature]
I checked with Venture outdoors and they got rid of all the extra parts for these craft, said that they were not in the parts business.
[signature]
Sorry, that was the only thing I could think of. Bummer
[signature]
I liked the aforementioned idea to take a rope, tie it around each pontoon, and use a piece of pvc in the middle. Seems like a great compromise.
[signature]